3rd Round: THE Rematch - AC vs Greeneville

TomJoad

I would love some unbiased and informed comments/predictions/etc. from folks that have seen both of these teams play. I love the banter and smack-talking as much as anyone, but we have about 100 pages of comments spread across numerous threads over the last year with no real discussion about the actual matchups and Xs and Os. The game is finally here, so can we finally talk about how AC and Greeneville will match up against each other and how the game will go from an Xs and Os perspective?? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

I would love some unbiased and informed comments/predictions/etc. from folks that have seen both of these teams play. I love the banter and smack-talking as much as anyone, but we have about 100 pages of comments spread across numerous threads over the last year with no real discussion about the actual matchups and Xs and Os. The game is finally here, so can we finally talk about how AC and Greeneville will match up against each other and how the game will go from an Xs and Os perspective?? 

I believe Greeneville will wear down the Ac defense. We also have a big size advantage over their secondary

42 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

I've seen both teams play a few times this year, and I have no dog in the fight. I haven't followed either team closely enough to give an Xs and Os comparison, but I'll chime in.

Greeneville looks as advertised. From top to bottom, I think they are the better team, and the roster is just littered with talent. I'm tempted to call them Maryville-Lite, for obvious reasons. They are incredibly efficient offensively, and they appear to have the better of the two defenses. I watched most of their game versus Elizabethton, and that game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. Greeneville was just so much better across the board.

Anderson County looks to be peaking at the right time. The Mavs have a tremendously potent (and balanced) offense, but if there is an Achilles' heel, it's their defense. There were multiple times this season when I didn't think we'd even see this rematch, but the Mavs' defense really buckled down at the end of the year. Granted, they've played absolutely no one - zero regular season opponents had a winning record. However, SOS means nothing at this point, and I'll give them a tip of the cap for the Elizabethton beatdown that no one expected.

Both teams are motivated, and I expect the winner of this one to win in Cookeville (Haywood County is probably the only team left that can challenge either team). AC wants revenge, but so does Greeneville after what happened in the first half last November. I also think that while AC is happy to play the role of underdog, there is a tremendous amount of pressure on the Mavs to win this game in front of a home crowd, prove a lot of doubters wrong, and get to the semifinals for the first time since 1996; this Greeneville roster already has their gold ball, so in a way, they are playing with house money.

I expect a close game, but I think the team that's been there before comes out on top. Greeneville wins, 38-28.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

I've seen both teams play a few times this year, and I have no dog in the fight. I haven't followed either team closely enough to give an Xs and Os comparison, but I'll chime in.

Greeneville looks as advertised. From top to bottom, I think they are the better team, and the roster is just littered with talent. I'm tempted to call them Maryville-Lite, for obvious reasons. They are incredibly efficient offensively, and they appear to have the better of the two defenses. I watched most of their game versus Elizabethton, and that game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. Greeneville was just so much better across the board.

Anderson County looks to be peaking at the right time. The Mavs have a tremendously potent (and balanced) offense, but if there is an Achilles' heel, it's their defense. There were multiple times this season when I didn't think we'd even see this rematch, but the Mavs' defense really buckled down at the end of the year. Granted, they've played absolutely no one - zero regular season opponents had a winning record. However, SOS means nothing at this point, and I'll give them a tip of the cap for the Elizabethton beatdown that no one expected.

Both teams are motivated, and I expect the winner of this one to win in Cookeville (Haywood County is probably the only team left that can challenge either team). AC wants revenge, but so does Greeneville after what happened in the first half last November. I also think that while AC is happy to play the role of underdog, there is a tremendous amount of pressure on the Mavs to win this game in front of a home crowd, prove a lot of doubters wrong, and get to the semifinals for the first time since 1996; this Greeneville roster already has their gold ball, so in a way, they are playing with house money.

I expect a close game, but I think the team that's been there before comes out on top. Greeneville wins, 38-28.

Very fair and IMO correct analysis, OSU.  In fact, if you saw what Coach Gillum said when interviewed on TV after last week's game, he acknowledged that AC would have to play their best game to compete with and have a chance to win against Greeneville.  I'm glad we're getting the opportunity.  Now, let's go Mavs!

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2018 at 12:02 AM, Mavericksinflight said:

This will get all Mavericks fired up and ready to rumble !

DANGIT... I have a picture to post here but i guess im just to stupid to figure out how to do it...the little " insert other media here" tab do t want to do it so i guess ill just have to enjoy this one myself

Edited by BVDevil