Catholic @ OR

SweetScience

Man, that was a tough loss. If you told me we would've lost that game after being up 33-14 in the 3rd I would've said you were nuts, but hats off to Catholic for a tremendous comeback. For our boys, thank you for a tremendous season. And Seniors, thank you. Our boys have nothing to hang their heads about. You made this lifetime Wildcat fan proud all season long. Best wishes to the Irish the rest of the way.

Edited by SweetScience

57 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

Can anybody tell me what happened? When I left the game the score was 33-14 Oak Ridge. I get home and check CoachT and it’s now 42-33 Catholic? I know this game isn’t over yet and Oak Ridge can still pull out a victory but I’m truly curious how the Irish outscored the Wildcats 28-0.

Struggled 3rd quarter.  Lots of penalties, and bad field position, and I think our boys just got really tired on defense compared to how they usually play on defense. 

1 minute ago, ORcats said:

Struggled 3rd quarter.  Lots of penalties, and bad field position, and I think our boys just got really tired on defense compared to how they usually play on defense. 

Honestly, Catholic boys up front just took it to our guys. They were just bigger and stronger than our guys. When Janczek took it in to make it 33-21 it gave them all the momentum and they never relinquished it after that. Looking back, that was probably the play of the game. Even though they were still down it gave them a ton of momentum and we never could regain it. Heartbreaker.

I think OR thought they had it won after Graham's 75yd TD early in the 3rd Q, and let up bigtime.  Once they lost the momentum and their mindset, they couldn't get it back.  That was the strangest game I ever heard on the radio.  It was like Catholic turned into the NE Patriots after they were down 19pts.

14 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ends up those 2 missed XP ended up costing us the game. We have had trouble with that all season, and I knew it would bite us in the a$! eventually to a great team like Catholic. Just very unfortunate. 

Most thankless position on the field.  I'm more disappointed in blowing a 19 point lead.  I'm still not sure how that happened.  

24 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Man, that was a tough loss. If you told me we would've lost that game after being up 33-14 in the 3rd I would've said you were nuts, but hats off to Catholic for a tremendous comeback. For our boys, thank you for a tremendous season. And Seniors, thank you. Our boys have nothing to hang their heads about. You made this lifetime Wildcat fan proud all season long. Best wishes to the Irish the rest of the way.

Well said.

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Honestly, Catholic boys up front just took it to our guys. They were just bigger and stronger than our guys. When Janczek took it in to make it 33-21 it gave them all the momentum and they never relinquished it after that. Looking back, that was probably the play of the game. Even though they were still down it gave them a ton of momentum and we never could regain it. Heartbreaker.

Yeah, I think we just got worn down.  Their line was huge.  

2 minutes ago, ORcats said:

Most thankless position on the field.  I'm more disappointed in blowing a 19 point lead.  I'm still not sure how that happened.  

You and me both my friend. This one is gonna sting for awhile. I can only imagine how hard our kids are taking it right now. That's life for ya though. That's what makes athletics so great, and especially football. This will only make our kids stronger people in life. Sometimes you're just gonna fail in life, but what matters is how you bounce back up after those failures. These types of things make you more resilient and end up paying off in the long run!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, calvol said:

I think OR thought they had it won after Graham's 75yd TD early in the 3rd Q, and let up bigtime.  Once they lost the momentum and their mindset, they couldn't get it back.  That was the strangest game I ever heard on the radio.  It was like Catholic turned into the NE Patriots after they were down 19pts.

Once you lose momentum in football, it's extremely hard to get it back, especially when your DL is outweighed by the opposition by about 50 Lbs a man. Our guys literally fought their as$!# off. Catholic was just the better team tonight, especially in the 2nd half when it mattered most.

Edited by SweetScience

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

You and me both my friend. This one is gonna sting for awhile. I can only imagine how hard our kids are taking it right now. That's life for ya though. That's what makes athletics so great, and especially football. This will only make our kids stronger people in life. Sometimes you're just gonna fail in life, but what matters is how you bounce back up after those failures. These types of things make you more resilient and end up paying off in the long run!

It does sort of sting, doesn't it?  I usually just shrug off a loss, but this one was...so...close. Oh well,  BTW, I've enjoyed talking with you on here, and always appreciate your knowledge of football.  Guess I'm going to follow Willie into retirement  but only until next football season!   Take care. 

14 minutes ago, ORcats said:

It does sort of sting, doesn't it?  I usually just shrug off a loss, but this one was...so...close. Oh well,  BTW, I've enjoyed talking with you on here, and always appreciate your knowledge of football.  Guess I'm going to follow Willie into retirement  but only until next football season!   Take care. 

Thanks buddy, and same to you. See ya next season!