Catholic @ OR

SweetScience

36 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Offense has improved since we played Maryville. Several of the freshmen were a little in awe of the Rebels out of the gate and that was the first start for a new QB. Unfortunately we lost him the next game and our top receiver the next game...and they were the two starting safeties. They are back healthy and the offense is looking much better. Penalties have significantly decreased from last year which wasn't hard to do.

Of course, Cade Mays isn't there anymore. He probably accounted for about 90% of those penalties. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Of course, Cade Mays isn't there anymore. He probably accounted for about 90% of those penalties. 

92% Don't shortchange the man! I was joking with one of the coaches late in the year last season and asked him if Cade was a 1,000 yard penalty guy. He laughed but then came back later while I was working out and said after he thought about the total lost yardage I might not be far off. There were a bunch of long TDs called back that hurt much more than just those 15 yds. LOL

3 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

92% Don't shortchange the man! I was joking with one of the coaches late in the year last season and asked him if Cade was a 1,000 yard penalty guy. He laughed but then came back later while I was working out and said after he thought about the total lost yardage I might not be far off. There were a bunch of long TDs called back that hurt much more than just those 15 yds. LOL

Sadly, I wouldn't doubt he ain't right! 

34 minutes ago, whytheattitude said:

I meant a state championship. Oak Ridge hasn't won one in so long I guess you all forgot what that is.

Ol' 3Wiggle had to come out of  retirement for this one!

Anyone saying this team/ program is soft hasn't watched them play this year. They are playing with more attitude and aggression than I have seen in years. On paper, Catholic should win, but these games aren't played on paper and I believe the Cats will be a real test for that soup cooler!

RWR

Jacob Adams #44 might have a thing or 2 to say about the Wildcats being soft. Just ask #6 for Soddy how soft we are. As big and mean as that Catholic OL was last year, they didn't push us around by any means. Most of the points they scored were through the air if I remember correctly.

Edited by SweetScience

14 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Jacob Adams #44 might have a thing or 2 to say about the Wildcats being soft. Just ask #6 for Soddy how soft we are. As big and mean as that Catholic OL was last year, they didn't push us around by any means. Most of the points they scored were through the air if I remember correctly.

Went to Catlick at Oak Ridge last year. #44 did everything and was everywhere that night. I was impressed.