Catholic @ OR

SweetScience

Well that kinda sucked, oh well let's move on and start again.

Wildcat Whoop #### shirts went to some guys that worked hard all year long and deserved them. They went to #2, #6, #55 and # 58. These may be the last Wildcat Whoop #### shirts as I'm getting kinda old and the cold gets worse every year. haha 

WILDCAT PRIDE

Edited by bounder

That was one of the best high school football games I've seen. #8 for OR is the real deal. Glad my Irish boys have that "never die,never quit" attitude. Yes in the 2nd half our OL and DL took over the game.  It was shame someone had to lose. Only negative about tonight was. The field was awful. Apparently there was a pipe busted under the field. Which made around the 30yrd line a mud pit. I heard OR is going turf next yr. Hopefully that happens. 

2 hours ago, TheDarkSide said:

That was one of the best high school football games I've seen. #8 for OR is the real deal. Glad my Irish boys have that "never die,never quit" attitude. Yes in the 2nd half our OL and DL took over the game.  It was shame someone had to lose. Only negative about tonight was. The field was awful. Apparently there was a pipe busted under the field. Which made around the 30yrd line a mud pit. I heard OR is going turf next yr. Hopefully that happens. 

I’m sure all this rain we’ve had this week didn’t help either.  

5 hours ago, TheDarkSide said:

Just think, during the whole summer the debate was when the new field was going in and while Nero Fiddled Rome Burned and they missed a good chance to get that thing installed. Don't know if that would have made a difference in the game but it looks bad on the procrastinators that drug their feet. When I heard the score when OR was up by 19 I wouldn't have thought Catholic would have made a comeback. I turned the game on when getting to my truck after the Maryville game with 6 minutes to go and couldn't believe it. I was really happy for all my friends in OR hoping they would get a chance to make it to the state until I turned the radio on.

The score turned out to be about the marginI expected but WOW didn’t know we would get there the way we did. As I said earlier, the return of Jones and Jancek would be big...and boy was it. Our line play is a given that few could match so we needed some others to step up. Hard to believe after the first half we would hold OR to 3 first downs. Great adjustments by the coaches and players. Eventually the pounding the opposing line takes starts to show. Gutty effort by the Irish. Tip of the hat to the Wildcats. Mr. Booker and Mr. Graham you all were impressive. 

13 hours ago, SweetScience said:

You and me both my friend. This one is gonna sting for awhile. I can only imagine how hard our kids are taking it right now. That's life for ya though. That's what makes athletics so great, and especially football. This will only make our kids stronger people in life. Sometimes you're just gonna fail in life, but what matters is how you bounce back up after those failures. These types of things make you more resilient and end up paying off in the long run!

Catholic winning is one of the best things that could happen to high school football in Tennessee. I am glad they beat Fulton and West also. Now if they beat Central and who ever else on their way for the state Championship their mission will be complete. The residual effects of these victories l hope will be long lasting and not forgotten by OR, Fulton, West, and who ever else they beat on the way to possibly this championship, and their other championships they have won. Hopefully the sting, bad taste in their mouth, pain, agony of defeat etc of OR, Fulton, West, and who ever else Catholic beats will spurn those schools to never make a decision to let recruiting privates play for a championship in the public division ever again.                           Catholics pay back will come in future years when they have to play in the top private division. They will never win another state championship in football again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Catholic winning is one of the best things that could happen to high school football in Tennessee. I am glad they beat Fulton and West also. Now if they beat Central and who ever else on their way for the state Championship their mission will be complete. The residual effects of these victories l hope will be long lasting and not forgotten by OR, Fulton, West, and who ever else they beat on the way to possibly this championship, and their other championships they have won. Hopefully the sting, bad taste in their mouth, pain, agony of defeat etc of OR, Fulton, West, and who ever else Catholic beats will spurn those schools to never make a decision to let recruiting privates play for a championship in the public division ever again.                           Catholics pay back will come in future years when they have to play in the top private division. They will never win another state championship in football again.

Certainly glad those schools never have any players that were out of zone.....

51 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Certainly glad those schools never have any players that were out of zone.....

Out of zone? You mean public schools that charge admission to students that live out of that schools  zone for them to attend that school, or students that attend a public school, but don't live in that schools specific school zone boundry.

37 minutes ago, whytheattitude said:

Maybe everyone can stop crying after this year. We are tired of hearing all the whinning also. Good luck in the future to all the schools that have packed their bags and went home. We also return 19 starters next year so maybe we will be ok for one year

Your track record against the top DII teams in Tennessee does not indicate you will be very successful. Maybe next year we talk about it again? Oh, and have fun running all over the state for games. Hope your little precious students don't miss much sleep.