How long since a Tri-cities team got past round 3?

blazer1set

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/12/2018 at 7:35 AM, BatmanDevil said:

The last time anyone past Greeneville in that part of the state done anything awesome was the Early seventies .Tennessee high teams of 71 and 72.State champs both years and national champs in 72.The only other state champ was the 1938 Elizabethton team.

May I add 1969 Morristown East State Champs. 1st year since they renewed playoffs back in 1939.

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

May I add 1969 Morristown East State Champs. 1st year since they renewed playoffs back in 1939.

Your correct,however the key words in my post were (anyone past Greeneville ) since Blazer was setting Greeneville outside as well the  tri-cities area to zero in on a few  schools.It's always        been pretty simple that Greeneville is right next to the tri-cities and in the middle between them and Morristown.Morristown is between Knoxville and Greeneville and I  can see them being considered NET or Knoxville area.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:06 AM, chsbobcat09 said:

If Crockett had zero chance, I doubt they’d be 12-0. Yet again idc who ya play that’s tough to do. People can get on here and make any preconditions they want, but I’ll assure you NO ONE in our program is taking Davy Crockett lightly. We will come ready for a challenge come Friday night.

THANK YOU, hope we can pull the upset.

9 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Your correct,however the key words in my post were (anyone past Greeneville ) since Blazer was setting Greeneville outside as well the  tri-cities area to zero in on a few  schools.It's always        been pretty simple that Greeneville is right next to the tri-cities and in the middle between them and Morristown.Morristown is between Knoxville and Greeneville and I  can see them being considered NET or Knoxville area.

Actually I got it Bat, but I get tired of placing us outside the tri cities. Key thing East and GHS were part of the old big 7..... great football. My senior year 1971-2 we became the big nine with the advent of Sullivan Central and East. How times have changed. GHS was one of the softer teams. Starting really with the arrival of Fred Greeneville changed who it was. Today they are the beast from the east. Luv some Greeneville Football.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:48 AM, noonesfool said:

Actually I got it Bat, but I get tired of placing us outside the tri cities. Key thing East and GHS were part of the old big 7..... great football. My senior year 1971-2 we became the big nine with the advent of Sullivan Central and East. How times have changed. GHS was one of the softer teams. Starting really with the arrival of Fred Greeneville changed who it was. Today they are the beast from the east. Luv some Greeneville Football.

Question,just how good was that Tennessee High team in 71 and 72

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Question,just how good was that Tennessee High team in 71 and 72

We lost to the 71 squad 14-7 with the Hill on the 4 yard line. On third down we hit a supposed TD pass and our receiver was ruled out of the end zone by a few inches. We came back with same play on 4th thinking they would not be looking for it. WE WERE WIDE OPEN, Our QB zipped it out of bounds for some reason. He thought it was 3rd down. We gave the ball back with 40 seconds to play. Fred Sorrells was at the game and recruited me as a line backer and Frank Butt our QB to Carson Newman. Frank will eventually sign and I went wrestling. But Fred really liked me and that is how I ended up in Greeneville. Now to answer your question. My first 2 years of coaching was at Tenn. High 1976-78. They shared with me they had been whipped or edged out in the trenches by at least 5 teams. Toppers, Erwin, DB, and Betsy. Cannot recall the 5th. Skilled team only. Also they were not big on weights. Most linemen had been backs and receivers when they were younger. 

Last 2 GHS teams would have beaten the Vikes

Edited by noonesfool

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, blazer1set said:

How long has it been since a Tri-cities team got past round 3?
In this context, Tri-cities means Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport, i.e., schools in Washington and Sullivan counties.

Sullivan: DB, East, Central, North, South, Tennessee High
Washington: Boone, Crockett, Science Hill

Will Crockett make it and be the first in X number of years?   DB got to round 4 in 2002, just wondering if that is the last time it happened.

Won't happen.  Crockett's season ends tonight.