Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

1 minute ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I believe this is the most said thing we've heard all year long. But this time I almost agree. But like I said earlier. I dont think Peabody has faced and offense like ours. 

We have seen a defense like Peabody. Peabody has played a few good teams and the rest of the teams they have played was down. 

Just a hard one to predict, no common opponents and both teams play entirely different.  Just a couple of unknowns going in.  Just an educated guess but I can see this going one of two ways.  If it is a high scoring game with few defensive stands, you’d think that favors Waverly.  But,  if the winning score is below thirty,  I think that would be good for Trenton.  It kind of sounds like waverly and Trenton are pretty similar in their offensive setup, in terms of balance

Waverly has the athletes. Waverly has the ability to score at any moment. Peabody has not faced an offense of this caliber. Possibly Waverly hasn’t faced a Defense of Peabody caliber. Waverly’s D has picked up significantly in the post season. I do know that Peabody’s SOS is pretty weak. Will this be a factor? I feel bad for Peabody’s D Coordinator. He will have his hands full this week. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I honestly can’t say much about waverly and if I did it would be hear say. I can’t find video to watch. I know what waverly likes to do.  I can say Huntingdon  gave up more points to Milan than we did. We had  a touchdown called back against Milan should have been a 2 score win for us. I don’t think waverly has played against a defense like ours. 

Here  You  Go  .  

33 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I guess it depends on what our coach decides to do. We could pound the ball and control the clock or try to score fast. We may try to hold the ball. 

I figure both coaches will play off the hands they're dealt by the opposition. Personally, I'd opt for a very balanced attack to keep the other on their heels and guessing. In my opinion the better defense wins this one. On paper Peabody's looks much better but I'll be really surprised if they completely shut down Waverly's offense like they have others. They're very capable of running or throwing and have legit homerun potential in both phases. Obviously Peabody does too. Which is why I say whoever has the best defensive performance goes to Cookeville. I'm thinking it starts slow and tight but ends up with both teams north of 35 points. Ought to be a great game.