Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

4 minutes ago, Trollin said:

I understand the point your trying to make, but last year was a year ago. They have played 13 games this year and have had to battle very little this year. You would have to think that an “ oh #### “ factor might shake some players if they are put in a situation like I’m talking about. Obviously I’m saying “what if” not saying “it’s going to happen” (have to clarify for some people on the T). These players are kids, not stones. Emotions may be a factor for Peabody imo if they are put in a bad situation. 

Defintely that oh crap moment will effect players. If it effects Peabody, I think it effects Waverly vice versa just as much. Both teams are gonna have to battle adversity in this game. Both teams are way too talented & well coached. There are going to be big plays given up. It’s just a matter of who responds when it happens & steps up & makes a play for their team. I think you’re telling a lot of truth. Good couple of posts Trollin 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

The QB for Waverly looks like he is struggling to throw the ball here lately.  Only 20 points against CA.  Granted CA is a very good team. Too bad their QB got hurt. And the turnovers late in the game killed CA.

CA has a star at their freshmen QB. To be honest I dont know why they didnt just go ahead and play him instead of moving their RB to QB. But to be honest with you, incase you haven't been following, waverly had slowed the offense down a lot to help improve the defensive side. The good side of that is you never know what's going to come from this offense. I still believe they can score at will given the need to. Which I think this will be a game that we should be guns out. But usually when you have 2 high power offenses it turns into a low scoring affair which I hope doesnt happen.

4 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Yeah right.  The QB and the WR and the RB is a beast.  This team is the only team we have played that I think is capable of beating us if we don't bring our A game.  With that said, Wavo better bring their A game 

Lol better tell your Coaches. 

This will be an epic game. I don’t think anyone knows how it will go

14 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

The QB for Waverly looks like he is struggling to throw the ball here lately.  Only 20 points against CA.  Granted CA is a very good team. Too bad their QB got hurt. And the turnovers late in the game killed CA.

We also only had 20 points because we controlled the ball and clock the entire second half; still not to say we played as good as we could have. We weren't going for big plays or scores, no point in anything more strenuous than need be you know? Especially against a team like them.

2 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

CA has a star at their freshmen QB. To be honest I dont know why they didnt just go ahead and play him instead of moving their RB to QB. But to be honest with you, incase you haven't been following, waverly had slowed the offense down a lot to help improve the defensive side. The good side of that is you never know what's going to come from this offense. I still believe they can score at will given the need to. Which I think this will be a game that we should be guns out. But usually when you have 2 high power offenses it turns into a low scoring affair which I hope doesnt happen.

You are right.  Something has to give.  Your O vs or D.  We will smother the run, believe that.  UC is the hardest offense in terms of run to stop and we shut them down.  They are very difficult to stop

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

After watching the Waverly & CA 2nd round game & last week’s game against Riverside, I have to agree with what Vandy said earlier. Waverly will have to spread Peabody out to have a shot. If they line everyone up in a living room, then they play to Peabody’s advantage. 

80% chance of rain Friday night.  Who does that favor?

40 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I tend to agree with you.  Yall did get away from that after the 1st half.  But that is not why you lost.  I talked to a few of the guys and they told me adjustments were made to stop that stuff.  Once they settled down and understood  they rebound. The real reason for the TCA lost was  the added pressure we put on your QB and the explosion we had on Defense in the second half.  

Yes and no. The pressure only worked because we went away from the short pass. IMO if we would have stuck with short pass pressure would have been for nothing. The pressure worked because we were playing behind the sticks. Out kick off return sucked two in a row. If you watch the film the middle screen was wide open the whole second half and we never exposed it. Now I am Not taking anything away from Peabody. Y’all had our number and that’s it. Wavo offense coordinator will be able to see it. But I do Believe Vowell will have the answers to stop it. I am On the tide train because of region 7