Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

43 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

Nope. You underestimate the ability of 17 and 18 year old bodies. Crap, they were better by Sunday assuming no actual injuries which I think we avoided. It will be a dry field and that bodes poorly for Meigs. 

Interesting Thread For Sure!

I have seen both Trousdale and Meigs this year in person. I think this is a great match-up with several keys.

1. Playing at the CREEKBANK is a tough play to play. TC got a great following! Home crowd will be a huge factor.

2. Meigs plays lineman mostly one way. Trousdale has several two way players up front. Could be advantage Meigs if the game is close late. #70 for TC is very good.

3. Will Martin Smith play Friday night for Meigs? If he does, it could be the difference maker. Big, Strong and fast. Takes some of the pressure off of Swafford.

4. Can TC shut down the Meigs receivers? TC covers very well. Will challenge the Meigs Wideouts.

5. TC will be the best team Meigs has played all year. They match up with Meigs at almost every position.

Can Meigs play in a close game for 4 quarters?

6. Both teams highly motivated, well coached, tough and physical. 

Hard game to pick.

3 minutes ago, statnerd said:

Welp I'm gonna have to change my pick to TC ...60% chance of rain 4 fridays

As I said earlier in this thread. This TC team was built for rainy cold days and as we seen this past Friday and the entirety of Butch Jones career. The spread is cute and is fun to watch, but if you can’t line up in a tight formation under center and get two or three yards , you are in TROUBLE! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

As I said earlier in this thread. This TC team was built for rainy cold days and as we seen this past Friday and the entirety of Butch Jones career. The spread is cute and is fun to watch, but if you can’t line up in a tight formation under center and get two or three yards , you are in TROUBLE! 

not gonna argue that

4 hours ago, Charger64 said:

I have seen both Trousdale and Meigs this year in person. I think this is a great match-up with several keys.

1. Playing at the CREEKBANK is a tough play to play. TC got a great following! Home crowd will be a huge factor.

2. Meigs plays lineman mostly one way. Trousdale has several two way players up front. Could be advantage Meigs if the game is close late. #70 for TC is very good.

3. Will Martin Smith play Friday night for Meigs? If he does, it could be the difference maker. Big, Strong and fast. Takes some of the pressure off of Swafford.

4. Can TC shut down the Meigs receivers? TC covers very well. Will challenge the Meigs Wideouts.

5. TC will be the best team Meigs has played all year. They match up with Meigs at almost every position.

Hard game to pick.

Since you have seen both teams how much speed overall does Meigs have compared to TC

7 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Hard game to pick.

Martin Smith was dressed out Friday night, but they didn’t need him. I would think he starts Friday night.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Martin Smith was dressed out Friday night, but they didn’t need him. I would think he starts Friday 

If he plays wonder what kind of physical shape he will be in. Been out a long time. I'll just be optimistic if he's actually back.

If he is back I doubt he will be the threat he was when we was in shape. But I'll take another set of fresh legs regardless.

Edited by Imthayeti