1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Not Cheating O&B , luring kids yes. Same thing as Grace. Just take 3 kids a year,that would equal 12 in four years. If you think I'm lying about my conversation,thats you're option. I'm not so big on lying. He or no other small school wants to play loaded teams. Talked to some of Coalfields fans at our game,  You should have .heard the talk.

How are they "luring" anyone. If Hampton built a new school because the old one needed replaced and put together a couple of winning seasons would it be ok for some cloudland kids to transfer as long as they were legitimate? 

4 minutes ago, crow said:

How are they "luring" anyone. If Hampton built a new school because the old one needed replaced and put together a couple of winning seasons would it be ok for some cloudland kids to transfer as long as they were legitimate? 

Didnt little pujo go play for his uncle at Hampton.Uncle lured him over there????????Why did he not stay at Cloudland?????Sure would have helped the locals out.

Edited by orngnblk

4 hours ago, pujo said:

3 or 4 Is a little sandbagging don't you think. Reminds me of Grace and I seem to remember all these little public schools hating them. I was was a huge voice in that and this is no different.

And when they go 3 classes ,be sure and let the private schools back in. Plenty of then would be in the smallest class. If its OK to let the One's with the most advantages win,by all means, let the rich cat's have this also.

Gimme a list pujo, I follow GB as close as anyone not in GB. There was Silvey, Roberts, the kid from Alabama, the 8th grader this year and the Alcoa kid who honestly didn't do much for them except the 2nd half of the OS game. That's 5 over the last what, 4 seasons? Folks like you and me gotta remember not everyone lives in the stick in the middle of nowhere. You don't got to Hampton or Oneida, you go through them. No jobs, no industry, no real opportunity at all. GB was that way, now you drive to GB and Alcoa, Maryville and to a lesser extent Lenor City have grown immensely, people want their 3 bed 2 bath on 5 acres. Can't afford it or its just not available in those places, drive 15 minutes and GB has it at a third the cost of above mentioned cities. Give it another 10 or 15 years and GB will be even bigger, a lot of industry and opportunities surrounding them. My grandkids will likely see a 3A GB team I believe. 

Ok guys im starting to get a little ugly,my apologies!We are doing it right no doubt about it.I could set here and say Maryville does it Alcoa does it but we will never be close to any of those two.Heck SP has done it and is doing it why dont you guys go after them.LOL.Great programs and great communties are huge draws.Our kids out work most kids in our division also that is why we have won over 70% of our games for 30+ years.Transfers or not we will win regardless!I am proud of my Greenback Cherokees enough and im glad its a place where outstanding athletes want to come and be a part.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Ok guys im starting to get a little ugly,my apologies!We are doing it right no doubt about it.I could set here and say Maryville does it Alcoa does it but we will never be close to any of those two.Heck SP has done it and is doing it why dont you guys go after them.LOL.Great programs and great communties are huge draws.Our kids out work most kids in our division also that is why we have won over 70% of our games for 30+ years.Transfers or not we will win regardless!I am proud of my Greenback Cherokees enough and im glad its a place where outstanding athletes want to come and be a part.

And if it was happening at Hampton, Cloudland, Wartburg, Oneida or anywhere else they or we would be to. Only time folks don't like it is when they're on the beat down side of it. I'm still waiting for someone to get upset about Gilbert transferring away from GB, other than GB of course lol. 

13 minutes ago, crow said:

And if it was happening at Hampton, Cloudland, Wartburg, Oneida or anywhere else they or we would be to. Only time folks don't like it is when they're on the beat down side of it. I'm still waiting for someone to get upset about Gilbert transferring away from GB, other than GB of course lol. 

I was fixin to say I WAS!But as usual you covered your tail!

25 minutes ago, crow said:

Gimme a list pujo, I follow GB as close as anyone not in GB. There was Silvey, Roberts, the kid from Alabama, the 8th grader this year and the Alcoa kid who honestly didn't do much for them except the 2nd half of the OS game. That's 5 over the last what, 4 seasons? Folks like you and me gotta remember not everyone lives in the stick in the middle of nowhere. You don't got to Hampton or Oneida, you go through them. No jobs, no industry, no real opportunity at all. GB was that way, now you drive to GB and Alcoa, Maryville and to a lesser extent Lenor City have grown immensely, people want their 3 bed 2 bath on 5 acres. Can't afford it or its just not available in those places, drive 15 minutes and GB has it at a third the cost of above mentioned cities. Give it another 10 or 15 years and GB will be even bigger, a lot of industry and opportunities surrounding them. My grandkids will likely see a 3A GB team I believe. 

You don't follow to close,  How about the huge lineman from Maryville, the kid this year from Seymore.   Greenback could tell you all the kids but they don't really care to.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

He sure did after absolutely destroying Hampton for 9 years. Was his Uncle, 

Was it ok for him to move schools? Was that fair for cloudland? Or maybe, just maybe as long as it was legal it's nobody's business but yours and Mrs. Pujo where YOU choose to send your son to school. 

40 minutes ago, crow said:

Nope, try again. I meant I didn't care if all 11 starters were transfers just as long as they were legal. I don't see anything GB has to offer to "lure" anyone there. No tuition, no jobs, no industry, I just don't see what inappropriate benefits could be given in return for attending GB. 

And thats another point, they have nothing to offer, why would they go.