1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

28 minutes ago, pujo said:

I know absolutely nothing about it but to Transfer in the middle of the season after playing at another School is rare indeed. Coalfield got one from OS  the same way several years back. I called him Switch.

The kid won more games in the playoffs alone that year than he did at OS in the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

It happens, just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't. People move less then 20 miles all the time. 

Yeah, I agree, I've seen it happen several times. Some parents are dedicated to the success of their kids.  Who knows how things are handled behind closed doors though, but as long as the legal criteria is met then ok.  Its amazing what some people will do to win.

2 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Yeah, I agree, I've seen it happen several times. Some parents are dedicated to the success of their kids.  Who knows how things are handled behind closed doors though, but as long as the legal criteria is met then ok.  Its amazing what some people will do to win.

It's not something I think I'd consider unless there was some strange set of events in place but some folks just don't put down roots. A friend of mine changed schools 5 times through junior high and high school. Not any kind of athlete to speak of, no divorce, parents just liked moving around. 

Just now, crow said:

It's not something I think I'd consider unless there was some strange set of events in place but some folks just don't put down roots. A friend of mine changed schools 5 times through junior high and high school. Not any kind of athlete to speak of, no divorce, parents just liked moving around. 

I'd rather take a beating than have to move. When I was growing up ,it seemed like we moved every 6 months, Didn't have to buy or sell a house as we never owned one. Didn't usually move very far ,just a different house. Those were the days lol

13 minutes ago, pujo said:

I'd rather take a beating than have to move. When I was growing up ,it seemed like we moved every 6 months, Didn't have to buy or sell a house as we never owned one. Didn't usually move very far ,just a different house. Those were the days lol

My kids all attended some school I did. Academics and caring teachers is what I liked. I drive hour one way to work just to keep my kids there. 

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

My kids all attended some school I did. Academics and caring teachers is what I liked. I drive hour one way to work just to keep my kids there. 

Me to brother. I live outside west oneida and drive to either downtown Knoxville or farragut every day. Home is where it is I reckon. 

BUTTHURT! BUTTHURT! BUTTHURT! That’s all this is. What would you be saying if GB was losing these games? Say going 8-4 and losing in the second or third round. Would everyone complain then? No! Just upset because you can’t beat GB. I mean I don’t see Whitwell complaining about all of this. How about your players get better and come beat us? If not, stop complaining. Sounds like a bunch of people in life. Something gets hard and you run away from it. How about you take it on the chin, get better, and get ready for the next round. 

TSSAA set the rules for transferring schools within the state. Any argument should be with TSSAA, not the schools accepting kids that follow those rules and transfer. We paid a heavy price several years ago for not following those rules. Hasn’t happened since and we get transfers every year.

We had 3 kids that started last year at another private school that sat out their Sophomore year this year to become eligible at Grace. That’s a huge price to pay when they could’ve stayed and played all 4 years at the other private school. They and their family chose a different path. Who am I to judge them or ridicule them for their decision? I think I’ll just keep lining up those weekly spa appointments for them :roflolk:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

BUTTHURT! BUTTHURT! BUTTHURT! That’s all this is. What would you be saying if GB was losing these games? Say going 8-4 and losing in the second or third round. Would everyone complain then? No! Just upset because you can’t beat GB. I mean I don’t see Whitwell complaining about all of this. How about your players get better and come beat us? If not, stop complaining. Sounds like a bunch of people in life. Something gets hard and you run away from it. How about you take it on the chin, get better, and get ready for the next round. 

Well said