1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

Yes we still win state without transfers last year.Reason being Bailey was probably the better one and he sat out the Pitt game,suspended from the sack grabbers from Cfield.Pitt was the best team we played and we won without him.2015 we dont beat CA without Roberts he was great against their huge reciever (silvey didnt play that game he was suspended).2016 we were good enough without Roberts,Gilbert was big in the Pitt game along with our pass game.Roberts didnt do much against Pitt.Just my two cents worth.

I understand were pujo is coming from,i also wasnt a big transfer guy as i said tho,when the new school was built it changed EVERYTHING!GB was a dump now we have VERY NICE facilities.I knew it would happen and i own it.Legal come on i like playing 14 or 15 games!Im glad we can keep our small school at the top of the heep.I hate it for schools like Cloudland they wont get outside kids because of where they are and it sounds like it is slowly dieing out up there.

9 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I understand were pujo is coming from,i also wasnt a big transfer guy as i said tho,when the new school was built it changed EVERYTHING!GB was a dump now we have VERY NICE facilities.I knew it would happen and i own it.Legal come on i like playing 14 or 15 games!Im glad we can keep our small school at the top of the heep.I hate it for schools like Cloudland they wont get outside kids because of where they are and it sounds like it is slowly dieing out up there.

Yes I agree and even Whitwell got the transfers here and there to make there great run this year. Wingo transferred in a few years ago just to name one. It almost takes a few for most 1A schools to go the distance because most of the top teams across the state have them and if you don’t you probably get stopped at some point by a team who does. Remember we lost a key transfer who probably would have made the difference needed to get past Whitwell this year even with the loss of #23. Plus the transfers aren’t always the marquee players but often fill a gap and do their role well.

Edited by ladykee

34 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Nobody is turning away any athlete period I don’t care what they claim. Even the likes of Maryville and Alcoa are greedy and will take them all lol. It is an apples vs oranges conversation when comparing legal transfers who move to the school zone compared to privates who can accept transfers from all over without moving. I know you know we would probably dress easily 50-60 kids at Greenback if our county borders were open to border counties lol.

I know this as well lol.. just wanna hear them say yes we would and it would end this argument 

5 hours ago, pujo said:

Beating small schools with a pick up team is nothing to crow about. You are looking like Grace and you guys hated them for this same stuff.Pot meet kettle, 

You and I were talking about this not long ago.  It's getting to the point that if you wanna not just compete better but bring it all home. 

If one school gets a couple of transfers then another school will feel compelled to do so and do more. 

I believe it'll get to the point of ' What you get, I can get more'

It's the nature of things today.

Nothing wrong in wanting to win.  Just what are you willing to do and accept to do so.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes Gilbert is running over people in West Virginia as we speak on his way to win a State title in Virginia also. they can't stop bragging on how big and physical this kid is .he just running over people and they're playing against some huge kids. We would have mercy ruled everybody!

Congrats to Gilbert on another championship! Fairmont 23 bluefield 13