1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

51 minutes ago, pujo said:

My point is this High school sports should not be about how many talented kids you can lure. Leave that stuff to College and pro sports.  

That’s not GB’s goal. We field the players that we have and if some of them are transfers, so be it. If they want to play for us, that’s their decision. We don’t drag them from their school and make them play for us. And if we win, we will take pride in it and move on. And whoever said that the transfers are the marquee players are kinda wrong kinda right. We’ve had some good ones play for us but most of the teams that have played at GB field players that have played together since they were 5 years old. 

Just now, cherokee23 said:

That’s not GB’s goal. We field the players that we have and if some of them are transfers, so be it. If they want to play for us, that’s their decision. We don’t drag them from their school and make them play for us. And if we win, we will take pride in it and move on. And whoever said that the transfers are the marquee players are kinda wrong kinda right. We’ve had some good ones play for us but most of the teams that have played at GB field players that have played together since they were 5 years old. 

Thats not being honest,several all state players in the last few years,you would not have been nearly as good without them. Yes you have some home grown talent  but the school is just too small to compete with the best without transfers.

50 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You would be wrong,they check all ours not just the trasfers.Transfers have a long list now and have to do it all.At least here they do.

I'm not accusing you guys of cheating, I just figured that the Tssaa don't really dig too deep into it if I had to guess.  Tssaa ain't gonna spend the money it would take to do so.  Did you guys have any transfers on your 87 club or was all those corn fed monsters home bred.

Edited by rtl112