Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

Just now, MadHatter1 said:

But at least you admit the same thing happens. Just every year. And way more than 1 player over in Blount county. Not saying it's illegal. Just saying that's why you got all them rings..

Got the rings through hard work, great coaching, fantastic admin and community support and tons of home grown talent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Booger said:

in its 3 meetins

2013 Baxter 19 - ND 10 at TTU and so bruised up by the Irish they lost next week to Alcoee 75-18

2014 Baxter 7 - ND 55 at ND

2015 Baxter 8 - ND 45 at Baxter

Baxter 34 - ND 110

.....no wonder HatterIsMadder wants to get that game away from ole Billy Rogers Field....but Booger thinkin yall r so crazy awesome good that u got them Tornados tremblin and feared of playin this game

Booger just sayin :roflolk:

I still remember the 2005 ND vs LA game, that was a classic 

36 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I'm still in disbelief that any of Cookeville's 2000 students could go play football for FREE at Open zoned Upperman HS!?!?

Surely there are a bunch of posts complaining about this, using this as a rationale for UHS's success? I did a search and couldn't find anyone complaining about this. Really strange...

It doesn't work that way around here.  Technically, you can go to either of the three high schools, but roots run deep.  Most in Cookeville would die before they let one of their kids go to school in Baxter or Monterey, and the same is true about kids moving to Cookeville.  You go where yo' mama raised ya'.  We do tend to show up and support the others when it's time.  Monterey made it to semis a couple years ago and everyone in Baxter was there cheering for them, but I don't recall over a dozen transfers in either direction in the twenty years I've been around - yeah, I'm older than dirt.  Houses going up everywhere though if you decide you want to live closer to Ralph's.

23 minutes ago, fball2010 said:

It doesn't work that way around here.  Technically, you can go to either of the three high schools, but roots run deep.  Most in Cookeville would die before they let one of their kids go to school in Baxter or Monterey, and the same is true about kids moving to Cookeville.  You go where yo' mama raised ya'.  We do tend to show up and support the others when it's time.  Monterey made it to semis a couple years ago and everyone in Baxter was there cheering for them, but I don't recall over a dozen transfers in either direction in the twenty years I've been around - yeah, I'm older than dirt.  Houses going up everywhere though if you decide you want to live closer to Ralph's.

Word on the streets is Cookeville will be building a school the next 2-3 years on the South side, naming in Cookeville high, renaming Cookeville currently to Algood, and expanding UHS. This to solve the overcrowding of Cookeville High which has around 2300.  UHS is around 830 and growing fast. From what I hear, the new school and UHS expansion, they each will be able to hold around 1500, but start out with around 900 in each.  Each municipal in Putnam will have a school representative then, Algood, Cookeville, Montery, Baxter.  This is when more strict zoning will come into effect like Murfreesboro. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

10 minutes ago, fball2010 said:

Understand and respect the deep roots, nit my point was they could go to UHS tuition free and thats an advantage other schools you pla dont have. I was using this as a counter point to hatters argument. 

Appreciate the info about the local houses. I was Blessed to spend some of the best yrs of my life in Putnam county and part of my heart will always be there, but Im not looking to move now. Go Tornadoes!