CORNERSVILLE @ LAKE COUNTY (1A Semis)

dawgsontop11

3 hours ago, dawgsontop11 said:

Another year, another rematch in the semis for these two teams. Looking forward to the trip to Tiptonville!

Welcome to REELFOOT LAKE

2 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Looking forward to seeing Lake County. 

Aka The “Not Huntingdon” Bowl.

Lol

No.

I’’m celebrating Huntingdon until Monday. See you in 2 weeks.

Slow down, you not there yet.....

May as well not show.Huntingdon was said to beat us by 50 points if we had played.Guess we are 60 point underdogs this week.But 2 MR. Football finalists on the field.I know how good Cornersville defense is.But Lake Co isn't just Johnson.   Snyder,Tubbs,receivers,and tight end are all a handful offensively.I think its going to be a great game with a huge crowd.Dyersburg not in playoffs now.So look for Dyersburg,Dyer Co,Obion Central fands to make the drive to Lake Co

Edited by mrbigster

6 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

My prediction is that LC will keep it close until the 3rd quarter. Cornersville just too good defensively to let a team score very much. I believe that LC isn’t quite as good as Huntingdon so I think the 3rd round is a tougher game for Cville than the 4th round. 

To be honest with you, I was hoping to play Huntingdon in this game. I felt like we matched up much better with them and was thinking we could probably beat them by 2 scores. I mean no disrespect to Huntingdon because I know that they are a great team just liked that match up more. Cornerville plays great defense and will make us have to grind this one out for a win. Fewest mistakes win this game. I think if LC can score 24+ we will win but if not things will be dicey. Good luck to both teams and congratulations on great seasons thus far. 

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

May as well not show.Huntingdon was said to beat us by 50 points if we had played.Guess we are 60 point underdogs this week.But 2 MR. Football finalists on the field.I know how good Cornersville defense is.But Lake Co isn't just Johnson.   Snyder,Tubbs,receivers,and tight end are all a handful offensively.I think its going to be a great game with a huge crowd.Dyersburg not in playoffs now.So look for Dyersburg,Dyer Co,Obion Central fands to make the drive to Lake Co

Trust me, we aren't like huntingdon fans and actually respect the matchup

3 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

Lake County hasn't faced many serious challengers this year.  I think their PF/PA numbers are inflated due to a light schedule, and they will be exposed next Friday night.  Look for Cornersville to win by 17 points.  The only thing left that can stop Cornersville from going to Cookeville is a flat tire.

Sounds like you saying same thing Huntingdon was saying last week. Schedules don’t mean squat this time of year. Could care less who you’ve played or what your record is. If your still playing on Thanksgiving weekend then your are a very good team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

Lake County hasn't faced many serious challengers this year.  I think their PF/PA numbers are inflated due to a light schedule, and they will be exposed next Friday night.  Look for Cornersville to win by 17 points.  The only thing left that can stop Cornersville from going to Cookeville is a flat tire.

Don’t think LC schedule was much different from  Cvilles. Last night game was a war and gotta be some sore boys this morning. Think dogs win but another close one. 7 points at most. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Sounds like you saying same thing Huntingdon was saying last week. Schedules don’t mean squat this time of year. Could care less who you’ve played or what your record is. If your still playing on Thanksgiving weekend then your are a very good team. 

I never said they weren't good.  I'm saying they are not great.  They deserve recognition for making it to the 4th round.  My honest assessment is they will not advance.  I don't say that as a fan.  I say it as a genuine assessment of reality.