1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

28 minutes ago, Redheadstepkid said:

TN High School football rankings, AP.

I corrected myself 

43 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

After a quick internet search, I guess you’re right. I just didn’t think so because I haven’t looked at them as anything besides a top 3 team at minimum after the wins over SP/TC back to back. My apologies.

22 minutes ago, DawgRadio said:

Yes, I know. It's just the point of not making it to the Ship but winning Mr. Football. Doesn't seem right. 

That’s like saying one man should be able to carry a team. When injuries come in to play, a team can suffer because of it. Greenback isn’t at state with the future Mr. Football winner because some of the other players couldn’t step up enough to fill the void of the players that were out. And also because Whitwell is a good ball team. But you’ll figure that out Saturday. 

9 hours ago, EXFOOTBALL65 said:

Yeah they look tough. Our d will be up for the task. I think we will be able to contain ashworth. They haven’t seen a defense like the dawgs all year. And please people don’t say you have. I will say whittworth defense catches my eye 

That what was said last week about Greenbacks defense. I’m not taking anything away from their defense but that’s why you play the game. We’ll see come Saturday at 11:00. Good luck to both teams. GBR!

6 hours ago, EXFOOTBALL65 said:

It’s hard to use speed as an advantage when the d line will have them caught in the back field. I’m sure they will have a couple big plays but not many. That will be the only way they score. If the dawgs limit the big play then they will shut down Whitwell offense. It’s not good when your QB is coming into this game banged up cause that defense for c-ville will beat him up bad. They will hit you for 4 quarters harder than y’all have been hit all year. 

Whitwell is physical as well as having speed. C-ville better get ready to be hit for 4 qtrs as well cause they may get hit harder than they’ve all year.