1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

8 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Anybody from our area that's been around Cville for a long time has to be proud and pulling for them and I know the people from Whitwell area feel the same about their boys. All jokes and smack talk aside, both these teams are well deserving to be playing Saturday and win or lose they're already champions with lots to be proud of. All these fans from LC, Huntingdon, Wayne Co, Huntland and so forth would love a silver ball at this point in the season and if they say different they're liars. Congratulations to both teams on making it this far and win or lose just leave it all on the field knowing y'all gave your best for four quarters. Nobody wants to lose this game but it won't take long for it to wear off and be proud to be the second best team in the state, I'd take second place in cookeville over the second round every year!

Couldn't agree more. Whitwell and Cornersville are both experiencing unprecedented success the past couple of seasons, and it's a shame that they have to face each other to find out who's foot fits the glass slipper. That being said, I have to pull hard for the Dawgs... ol' CB10 and Sum1uno have been behind their team through the lean times, and you gotta' respect that. Here's to small town football at it's best... hoping for an injury free, close, hard hitting game, and a gold trophy headed to Cornersville.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Y’all got that gold ball in 2011 which was really great. Yalls 2015 and 2016 teams were gold ball teams having to go up against once in a decade talented teams. Preston deserved a gold ball

I've always said our 08 and 09 teams were the best teams in WC history but can't argue with the 2011 since they got the gold. I have been blessed to have a son on every team from 07 until this year, which he's a senior so I'm done til the grandson gets up there, and have been part of the greatest years in WC football history, wouldn't trade those times for anything. 

4 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

I've always said our 08 and 09 teams were the best teams in WC history but can't argue with the 2011 since they got the gold. I have been blessed to have a son on every team from 07 until this year, which he's a senior so I'm done til the grandson gets up there, and have been part of the greatest years in WC football history, wouldn't trade those times for anything. 

I remember those Wayne County teams, always slapping us around...

3 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

I always loved to getting to watch us play y’all and us play Mt. pleasant. Those were the best rivalries to me. I wish somehow we could get y’all back on the schedule, but mt. Pleasant refuses to play us anymore so that rivalry is official over

I'll one up you, I wish it was the same old region 6!

10 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

If it is true that Greenback last year would’ve whipped this years Whitwell team, then whitwell is gonna get spanked Saturday. This Cornersville team is MUCH better than last year. 

I will be shocked if this game is not over by halftime.  Cornersville getting beat by 21 last year doesn't mean anything.  Whitwell has beaten at least 4 teams that could beat Huntington.  Another silver ball will be heading down I-65 Saturday afternoon.

Edited by Bill#49