1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

6 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

oh, you don’t have to be scared of me. i didn’t post 9 straight shutouts this season. ill just be sitting in the stands. 

I'm not. I have not doubted Cornersville defense from my first post. I do believe you guys are very good..very good!! But what you don't give Whitwell credit for is they are beating good defensive teams!! Maybe not as good as you...but very good teams (South Pittsburgh, Greenback) in my opinion. Just think..could these be the guys that find that weak spot..oh forgot you have none...lol...Im just saying our offense ain't bad..neither is our defense...my biggest worry are special teams. So anyway..take it easy on us..lets us hang in at least a quarter.

Whitwell didn’t get this far off of luck or because they aren’t good. They are obviously a great team. The difference between Cornersville and Whitwell is the physicality and conditioning. Cornersville this year has been able to play all full four quarters at a break neck pace, and still have the energy to knock your socks off late in the fourth quarter. Huntingdon was one of if not the best offensive team in 1A this year.... before a Cornersville game into town. They beat them down. And yes their fans can say that they just didn’t run enough plays, but the reality of it is that Cornersville’s defense was not gonna let anything get past them. They held a very good lake County team to 8 points as well. Their starters shut out every team they played in the regular season. The saying goes, Defense wins championships, and if they can hold a very good offensive team like Huntingdon to 7 points, I think it would be foolish to believe that they couldn’t do it to Whitwell either. They probably won’t, Whitwell could definitely score more, but is Whitwell’s defense up to the task to stop Cornersville’s offense? That’s why I think that Cornersville will won this game. 

Cornersville 28

Whitwell 17

5 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I think they would beat Lake County similar to what you guys did, them and Huntingdon would be a dog fight just like this one will be. The only true big advantage Cville has, is they played in the State title game last year, they have the experience. As one fan said earlier, if the ball is in 31(Petty) hands every snap, I like the Tigers chances more and more, kid is a WINNER! We have seen some outstanding players (Aaron Swafford, Jeremiah Batiste, Heath Price) throughout our(Trousdale) season but Hudson Petty IMO has the biggest heart out of all of them, he had something like 25 tackles against 

Edited by lakecounty1968

59 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

I'm not. I have not doubted Cornersville defense from my first post. I do believe you guys are very good..very good!! But what you don't give Whitwell credit for is they are beating good defensive teams!! Maybe not as good as you...but very good teams (South Pittsburgh, Greenback) in my opinion. Just think..could these be the guys that find that weak spot..oh forgot you have none...lol...Im just saying our offense ain't bad..neither is our defense...my biggest worry are special teams. So anyway..take it easy on us..lets us hang in at least a quarter.

Warboss are you coaching Whitwell?

So far Whitwell has had the most impressive season. Two victories over South Pitt, defeating the defending 1A champ, and the East 2A champion (and possible state champion)  is a great run.

I'll wait on a prediction until after the Peabody/ Trousdale game. A dominant Peabody win makes the Cornersville abuse of Huntingdon more impressive. If Trousdale rolls it would make the Whitwell victory more impressive.

Edited by Salem
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Salem said:

So far Whitwell has had the most impressive season. Two victories over South Pitt, defeating the defending 1A champ, and the East 2A champion 9and possible state champion)  is a great run.

I'll wait on a prediction until after the Peabody/ Trousdale game. A dominant Peabody win makes the Cornersville abuse of Huntingdon more impressive. If Trousdale rolls it would make the Whitwell victory more impressive.

That's almost like cheating!LOL

41 minutes ago, Salem said:

So far Whitwell has had the most impressive season. Two victories over South Pitt, defeating the defending 1A champ, and the East 2A champion (and possible state champion)  is a great run.

Wait till Sunday to give us one. Lol.

Couldn't resist.  Carry on.