1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

3 hours ago, rlh said:

Coach prior to Coach Boldin helped get Whitwell squared away and started getting them stronger schedules.  Boldin continued and built upon that the past 2 years. 

If boldin is getting stronger schedules then why didn’t he schedule sequatchie and jasper the next two years instead of a 1 win east ridge team and another cupcake. They talk about owning the valley but won’t schedule all the valley teams. You can’t say since sp beat both teams that whitwell would have also beaten them. Not to say they won’t have on the field but you can’t automatically assume. Besides like guy said in an earlier post, it will be the whitwell/ Bledsoe tigers before long 

6 minutes ago, Thevalleytruth said:

If boldin is getting stronger schedules then why didn’t he schedule sequatchie and jasper the next two years instead of a 1 win east ridge team and another cupcake. They talk about owning the valley but won’t schedule all the valley teams. You can’t say since sp beat both teams that whitwell would have also beaten them. Not to say they won’t have on the field but you can’t automatically assume. Besides like guy said in an earlier post, it will be the whitwell/ Bledsoe tigers before long 

If you don’t think Whitwell blows jasper and SC out this year you are insane lol 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, rlh said:

That wasn't a dig at you personally.  Go look at the schedule and outcome factoring in the coaches the past 15 years and get back to me on it.   Tigers didn't have a decent season since 2003.

2003 squad was good, but other then beating Jasper for the first time in 2decades that season they didn’t really accomplish much, they were beaten handily by every good team they played.   

I still don’t know how that SP squad didn’t play with Boyd better.   That squad was jacked!!

20 minutes ago, Thevalleytruth said:

Bro lol....  y’all wanna try on their rings ?

Marion wouldn’t have even kept it close,   Sequatchie would have had to have played their best game all season and hoped the Tigers played one of their worst to have a shot....  

Edited by ImaSavage

37 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

From what I understand he didn’t do much other then make the locals angry.  I’m not denying he was a good coach who helped some, but the ones who stuck around deserve  all the credit.

The locals were part of the problem in the past.  My grandparents, mother, great grandparents, great uncles, aunts and family friends are buried in the cemetery behind Tiger stadium so I know a little bit about the locals.

1 minute ago, rlh said:

The locals were part of the problem in the past.  My grandparents, mother, great grandparents, great uncles, aunts and family friends are buried in the cemetery behind Tiger stadium so I know a little bit about the locals.

Some Locals were part of the problem last season too, some literally threw down with one another on the big orange P last season after the 2nd game.  I never heard so much complaining in my life about a 9-1 football team that was not justified.   Very much some were still in a compete with each other mindset rather then compete with everyone else, the community itself has came a long way since then.  

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Did Coach Helton not provide any success to the program? 

I thought so,  he actually had them working the part of football program again, got the kids in the weight room again and focusing on doing the little things, but I genuinely believe he took them as far as he could....This team wouldn’t have won state with Coach Helton running it..