1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

7 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Truth Prevails was not Purple Pastry. Pastry is back in Jasper nowadays all day every day for home and work. LMBO

Don't know why, but TP reminds me of him every since he started posting.  I guess its tough being the "Lone Warrior."

Edited by rlh

You do have to give Cornersville a "good job" acknowledgement!! When you outgain a team 308-122 you should win? Whitwell just kept bending but not breaking and hanging around. Then got the opportunity they needed and took advantage of it. It was just going to be there year. A team of Destiny!! 7-6 is good as 50-6...lol State Champions!!

28 minutes ago, Salem said:

Cornersville ran 14 plays in the final 4:25 of the game. They ran 3 plays and had a false start penalty in the final 55 secs of the game. They used all 3 timeouts and got down to the Whitwell 21 yard line going into the wind (and the refs missed a 15 yard horse collar personal foul). All this was done without attempting a pass until the final 3 seconds. Any talk of clock mismanagement is nonsense. 

Not to mention a first down where the clock never stopped at around the 2:15 mark of the 4th quarter. That false start should have been encroachment because one of our players did the exact same thing earlier in the game and that was the call. It is what it is. Congrats Whitwell.

Edited by Jobres76

25 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

You do have to give Cornersville a "good job" acknowledgement!! When you outgain a team 308-122 you should win? Whitwell just kept bending but not breaking and hanging around. Then got the opportunity they needed and took advantage of it. It was just going to be there year. A team of Destiny!! 7-6 is good as 50-6...lol State Champions!!

You are right.. I’ve never witnessed a state game like that one in all my life. One team controls the whole game but the other team wins. LMBO

What can I say? I said Whitwell would win this game and I said Cornersville would take home the Silver again. I don't care about stat's except for the final stat and that was Whitwell 2018 Class 1A Champions. I know alot of Cornersville people ate crow this weekend. Serioulsy, some of them acted like they were the only one's that could challenge Bama this year.  I still say Whitwell's win's over Trousdale, SP twice and the defending state champions Greenback had them ready for this game and if those games had not been that hard I believe Cornersville would have won.  Both teams had a good run and congrats to both, but especially to our Neighbors. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sportman said:

What can I say? I said Whitwell would win this game and I said Cornersville would take home the Silver again. I don't care about stat's except for the final stat and that was Whitwell 2018 Class 1A Champions. I know alot of Cornersville people ate crow this weekend. Serioulsy, some of them acted like they were the only one's that could challenge Bama this year.  I still say Whitwell's win's over Trousdale, SP twice and the defending state champions Greenback had them ready for this game and if those games had not been that hard I believe Cornersville would have won.  Both teams had a good run and congrats to both, but especially to our Neighbors. 

I didn’t see anything Cornersville fans said any more cocky than your quote. You said Cornersville wasn’t even in same class as Whitwell. Also said the championship game was between Whitwell and Greenback.