1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

49 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

So was it stats or good looks that won your QB Mr. Football? Just curious

Probably stats. Not sure what your point is? What I’m saying is that it doesn’t matter who has the better PLAYER. It’s who has the better PLAYERS as a whole and who comes out showing that they are better. Mr. Football is a good award to get. But Mr. Football and what game you’ve been invited to have nothing to do with who will win or lose. The Mr. Football player lost last week if that tells you anything. Just saw where the individual recognitions and awards were being posted as if that will have anything to do with who wins the Gold ball. Might not have got my word across clearly but stats and recognition mean nothing when you get to this stage. Anyone can lose.

21 minutes ago, Salem said:

Who knew reading comprehension was in such short supply in the valley. The statement was made by Cherokee23 that “ C’ville has a good front 7 but they’re back end is not great. ‘

Someone with little knowledge of the Cornersville team would put something that uninformed on a public forum. The two best players on the team are in the back end of the defense. And absolutely they are two of the best players in 1A football. They have the stats to back it up, they have the state awards to back it up, and they have the record to back it up. #22 and 15 have been the main players the previous two years on a team that’s won 27 of their last 29 games.  Last Friday 2 out of the 3 Mr Football Finalists played @ Lake County, #22 was the best player on the field and he didn’t even make honorable mention for that award. 

What’s foolish is commenting on a post based on hearsay without taking the time to look it up yourself. The comment was they are the two best players on their team and POSSIBLY in all of 1A.  Shouldn’t be controversial at all and is definitely not foolish. 

I asked a question. I don’t have time to read half of the junk on this board. If you want to be smart about it go right ahead.  It was a legitimate question. Out of all the posters on here I’m one of the most level headed ones around and have been for years. Stick around and you might learn something. 

28 minutes ago, Salem said:

Who knew reading comprehension was in such short supply in the valley. The statement was made by Cherokee23 that “ C’ville has a good front 7 but they’re back end is not great. ‘

Someone with little knowledge of the Cornersville team would put something that uninformed on a public forum. The two best players on the team are in the back end of the defense. And absolutely they are two of the best players in 1A football. They have the stats to back it up, they have the state awards to back it up, and they have the record to back it up. #22 and 15 have been the main players the previous two years on a team that’s won 27 of their last 29 games.  Last Friday 2 out of the 3 Mr Football Finalists played @ Lake County, #22 was the best player on the field and he didn’t even make honorable mention for that award. 

What’s foolish is commenting on a post based on hearsay without taking the time to look it up yourself. The comment was they are the two best players on their team and POSSIBLY in all of 1A.  Shouldn’t be controversial at all and is definitely not foolish. 

You mad? 

19 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Probably stats. Not sure what your point is? What I’m saying is that it doesn’t matter who has the better PLAYER. It’s who has the better PLAYERS as a whole and who comes out showing that they are better. Mr. Football is a good award to get. But Mr. Football and what game you’ve been invited to have nothing to do with who will win or lose. The Mr. Football player lost last week if that tells you anything. Just saw where the individual recognitions and awards were being posted as if that will have anything to do with who wins the Gold ball. Might not have got my word across clearly but stats and recognition mean nothing when you get to this stage. Anyone can lose.

So what you are saying is the previous 14 games really don't mean anything. I see your point now. Thanks for the clarification.

34 minutes ago, Salem said:

Careful bringing up stats and individual awards. Cherokee23 doesn't think they matter at this stage.

20 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I asked a question. I don’t have time to read half of the junk on this board. If you want to be smart about it go right ahead.  It was a legitimate question. Out of all the posters on here I’m one of the most level headed ones around and have been for years. Stick around and you might learn something. 

You forgot to tell him you've been around here a long time and that you'll be around after he's gone.

• Upvote 1

This should be one of the best 1A title games we've seen in a while.  

Also to keep in mind, we've all seen teams evenly matched.  Then the ball bounces a certain way, and things start to snowball against one team or the other. It happens.

Ol momentum is a good friend to have. One miscue, one failed assignment, one riverboat gambling coaching decision and anything and everything can turn on a dime.