1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

7 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

All this talk about Cville not being as athletic as Whitwell is quiet funny. I hope cb10 is taking notes, he's going to have a field day Saturday night! I don't always bite in on this east vs West talent shift, I go by watching the boys play and I'm telling it like I see it and I've watched good teams for a long time now and Cville is every bit as good as advertised or I wouldn't have followed them all over West Tennessee watching them in the playoffs. No disrespect to y'all Whitwell fans but y'all might wanna check back a little 

I respect Wildcat89. He is usually level headed and has good perspectives. 

7 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Not really that outlandish. They’re both in the top 10.

I can possibly see that. That’s why I asked about the two best comment. I understand now he was saying they are the two best players on Cville’s team. The way it was worded it was like they’re erw the two best players in all of 1A. I understand what was meant now. I’d honestly say Whitwell has some of the top ones as well. If we were putting together a true 1A all state team for both sides of the ball I would honestly have to say Whitwell has 3,31,15,4,20 on that team.  I’m being unbiased here. SP might have 2 players on that team. Whitwell has definitely had a lot of breaks.  I just saw that catch on the news clipping. I still don’t know how 20 caught that ball.  However they have made some of their breaks as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

All this talk about Cville not being as athletic as Whitwell is quiet funny. I hope cb10 is taking notes, he's going to have a field day Saturday night! I don't always bite in on this east vs West talent shift, I go by watching the boys play and I'm telling it like I see it and I've watched good teams for a long time now and Cville is every bit as good as advertised or I wouldn't have followed them all over West Tennessee watching them in the playoffs. No disrespect to y'all Whitwell fans but y'all might wanna check back a little 

Its cool man. If Cornersville hasn't earned any respect after what they have accomplished over the last two seasons I don't guess they ever will.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

But have you've seen Whitwell live?

This is usually how the banter goes in 2 evenly teams on opposite sides of the bracket. Those have have SEEN or been BEATEN by Whitwell will hitch their wagon to the Tigers.

Those that have SEEN or been BEATEN by Cornersville will hitch their wagon to the Dawgs.

Then which ever team wins that one side will say, I told you so.

Who in here has seen BOTH teams LIVE this year?  AND against one of their top opponents?

Anybody?

Saw every Cville game and saw the SP/Whitwell regular season game(Cville had an open date). 

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

This should be one of the best 1A title games we've seen in a while.  

Also to keep in mind, we've all seen teams evenly matched.  Then the ball bounces a certain way, and things start to snowball against one team or the other. It happens.

Ol momentum is a good friend to have. One miscue, one failed assignment, one riverboat gambling coaching decision and anything and everything can turn on a dime.

Tell me about it...

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

But have you've seen Whitwell live?

This is usually how the banter goes in 2 evenly teams on opposite sides of the bracket. Those have have SEEN or been BEATEN by Whitwell will hitch their wagon to the Tigers.

Those that have SEEN or been BEATEN by Cornersville will hitch their wagon to the Dawgs.

Then which ever team wins that one side will say, I told you so.

Who in here has seen BOTH teams LIVE this year?  AND against one of their top opponents?

Anybody?

ST you know me im usually pretty straight up. I really do hope Whitwell wins just to bring the ball back to the east I'm always going to be a East guy but I have not hitched my wagon to them.I still think they're a good team I don't think they're a great team by any means and I'm not calling Cornersville a great team but I have watched a little bit of Cornersville and of course I've seen Whitwell in person and I think Cornersvilles defense is better.Im not going to second guess our coaches either. They've been there for four years they've been to four semifinal appearances and three state championship games so in my opinion that's pretty freaking awesome so they have to know what they're doing to do that. Whitwell didn't see the Greenback team that most everybody has seen all year it's just a fact we lost too much during the season before the season to come out and beat everybody like everyone thought we were going to after last year.it is what it is it's football there's attrition there's injuries you just never can account for what's going to happen. Cornersville got to the championship game last year sort of like Whitwell did this year they were fortunate they won some big games and then they get there and then they get their tails kicked by a more experienced team. I have a feeling that's what's going to happen to Whitwell this year.Cornersville been there I think they're going to be able to pull it out no offense to Whitwell there a good football team as I said earlier but I do think Cornersville gets the win Saturday. You can run on that Whitwell defense and you can throw on that Whitwell defense and if you can do a little bit of both throughout the whole game that equals a win. Just like an arrow game the team that tackles will be the team that wins! Good luck to both and I do hope the ball comes back to the east!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I asked a question. I don’t have time to read half of the junk on this board. If you want to be smart about it go right ahead.  It was a legitimate question. Out of all the posters on here I’m one of the most level headed ones around and have been for years. Stick around and you might learn something. 

I've been around long enough to learn not to comment a post I haven't directly seen.  Too much team bias on here to accept a homer's take on anything.  We expect better of our wise, level headed forum sage on here. It's championship week, step it up! :D