1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

All this talk about Cville not being as athletic as Whitwell is quiet funny. I hope cb10 is taking notes, he's going to have a field day Saturday night! I don't always bite in on this east vs West talent shift, I go by watching the boys play and I'm telling it like I see it and I've watched good teams for a long time now and Cville is every bit as good as advertised or I wouldn't have followed them all over West Tennessee watching them in the playoffs. No disrespect to y'all Whitwell fans but y'all might wanna check back a little 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Careful bringing up stats and individual awards. Cherokee23 doesn't think they matter at this stage.

They don’t. Lol I mean I’m not being disrespectful to any players or fans from Cornersville. I’m just stating that stats in previous games have no affect on this game. Just my opinion. Not bashing anyone so if you don’t like it then oh well. I respect your opinions just might not agree with them. And you with mine. But I don’t call you out for you having your own opinion.

5 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

That’s where you are wrong. Not throwing shade or anything at the west. But the talent level has dropped off the past 2 years. The competition is absolutely terrible across the state of Tennessee. I understand that you held Huntingdon to 7 points. But with the offense they run, if you figure out how to stop it once, you’ll stop it from there on out. You force them to do what they aren’t used to. But it seemed as if the coach was too stubborn to change his play calling and it cost them. I know Cornersville’s defense is good. But athletic ability goes to Whitwell. Nobody will convince me otherwise. C’ville has a good front 7 but they’re back end is not great. They match up pretty well but I still stay Whitwell. Too much speed, strength, and physicality. I will say, if C’ville can block the front line pretty good, they’ll have lanes to run in. Could possibly break a few long runs. But to win, you have to stop them too.

The Cornersville secondary features a Mr. Football runner up and an East/West Toyota Classic All Star

not great tho lol

And to your point about Huntingdon, they put up Big 12 points all year on good teams, and we hold them to 7 and everybody on here downplays that defensive performance.

You’ve got to love this website lol

3 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

All this talk about Cville not being as athletic as Whitwell is quiet funny. I hope cb10 is taking notes, he's going to have a field day Saturday night! I don't always bite in on this east vs West talent shift, I go by watching the boys play and I'm telling it like I see it and I've watched good teams for a long time now and Cville is every bit as good as advertised or I wouldn't have followed them all over West Tennessee watching them in the playoffs. No disrespect to y'all Whitwell fans but y'all might wanna check back a little 

But have you've seen Whitwell live?

This is usually how the banter goes in 2 evenly teams on opposite sides of the bracket. Those have have SEEN or been BEATEN by Whitwell will hitch their wagon to the Tigers.

Those that have SEEN or been BEATEN by Cornersville will hitch their wagon to the Dawgs.

Then which ever team wins that one side will say, I told you so.

Who in here has seen BOTH teams LIVE this year?  AND against one of their top opponents?

Anybody?

1 minute ago, cornerback10 said:

The Cornersville secondary features a Mr. Football runner up and an East/West Toyota Classic All Star

not great tho lol

And to your point about Huntingdon, they put up Big 12 points all year on good teams, and we hold them to 7 and everybody on here downplays that defensive performance.

You’ve got to love this website lol

Once again, not bashing anyone. Just an opinion. A throwing team could have a pretty good game vs Cville if they wanted to. And Whitwell can throw the ball. And there’s more than just 2 players in the back end of your defense. At least I hope so. You already know I said they were good players.

1 minute ago, cherokee23 said:

Once again, not bashing anyone. Just an opinion. A throwing team could have a pretty good game vs Cville if they wanted to. And Whitwell can throw the ball. And there’s more than just 2 players in the back end of your defense. At least I hope so. You already know I said they were good players.

I’m aware that we also have 2 corners. They have played tremendous in the playoffs. 

27 minutes ago, powerp said:

Whitwell beat Greenback, Trousdale, and SP twice. 

I do do not think Cornersville would have went 4-0. 

Tigers win the gold ball. They deserve it after that resume.

And I’m sure you “thought” SP would have gotten Whitwell at least once before their two matchups. We really don’t care what you “think”.

Just now, cornerback10 said:

I’m aware that we also have 2 corners. They have played tremendous in the playoffs. 

I know Eli is good. I know Cameron is good. But I don’t know why people keep throwing around the saying “Mr. Football” and “East West All Star game” like it has anything to do with who will win this game. The actual Mr. Football lost last week so I mean there’s proof that even the good ones can still lose. Just my opinion. Am I saying that the two guys at safety won’t have a good game? No, they more than likely will. But individual awards mean nothing at this stage. I wish both teams the best of luck but the winner of this game will be whoever has prepared the best, converts inside the red zone, and limits the big yardage plays. Not whoever has the most awards 

2 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I know Eli is good. I know Cameron is good. But I don’t know why people keep throwing around the saying “Mr. Football” and “East West All Star game” like it has anything to do with who will win this game. The actual Mr. Football lost last week so I mean there’s proof that even the good ones can still lose. Just my opinion. Am I saying that the two guys at safety won’t have a good game? No, they more than likely will. But individual awards mean nothing at this stage. I wish both teams the best of luck but the winner of this game will be whoever has prepared the best, converts inside the red zone, and limits the big yardage plays. Not whoever has the most awards 

Awards mean nothing, I agree and I'm totally against Mr. Football award now that they combined it but to the fact that if the best player in 1A plays on a team that has no other talent then they go totally unnoticed. But just take a minute and watch the execution of Cville's offensive line, they rank up there with some of those from UC a few years back, and yes I seen them many times, they will be the difference in the game