2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

On 11/23/2018 at 11:23 PM, H2Oman said:

Your fixing to get a heavy dose of TC history and how that is going to be the determining factor of Thursday’s game.

You will understand why by weeks end, why I despise TC fans!

Stay prayed up because their ignorance will make you lose your religion! 

Is that why? Or is it because they were correct round 3? Asking for a friend

Edited by GBO52

19 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Is that why? Or is it because they were correct round 3? Asking for a friend

I don’t get salty bud... To old for that... I bet your one of them kind of people that cheer on Alabama since TN wasn’t good..

Now get to school before your late and let the grown folks talk!

11 hours ago, mousehead said:

Well sorry to bring up history again, but, if I'm not mistaken, our gold ball to Mr Football ratio is 10:4. 

10 hours ago, RunPassOption said:

TC Payne,Michael Scruggs, TT Harper, Jared White?

9 hours ago, mousehead said:

As far as I can remember :lol:

Mousy mousy mousy, dont sell Trousdale and Mr. Scruggs short. Ratio is 10:5.  Names are Chad Evitts, Michael Scruggs, Michael Scruggs, TT Harper, & Jared White! I not sure if TC was up for the award or not but I believe Eddie Moore of SP won the Back of the Year. Although TC made sure to show him up in the Semi-Finals on the Creekbank! 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

I don’t get salty bud... To old for that... I bet your one of them kind of people that cheer on Alabama since TN wasn’t good..

Now get to school before your late and let the grown folks talk!

There isn't a team I hate more then Alabama! You won't ever hear anything other then Go Vols when it comes to collegiate sports! 

Now I wish I was at school and not at work but nice try!

Championship Week wouldn't be the same without....

By The Numbers

Team Profiles

Trousdale County Yellow Jackets (11-3, Region 4 #2) of Hartsville will make their 13th appearance in the TSSAA Finals on Thursday where they have been 9-3. The 2018 squad had a few bumps in the road earlier in the season but have seemed to get everything corrected as of late. Their season has gone this way (Opponent -Class - Opponent Record - Game Score): 

Lebanon (6A) 8-3, Lost 12-16 

Friendship Christian (DII 1A) 9-2, Won 27-21

Watertown (2A) 12-1, Lost 21-22

Gordonsville (1A) 9-3, Won 42-20

Westmoreland (2A) 8-4, Won 37-0

Macon Co. (4A) 5-6, Won 28-0

East Robertson (2A) 5-6, Won 42-0

Whitwell (1A) 14-0, Lost 7-13

Cascade (2A) 3-7, Won 48-7

Jackson Co. (2A) 1-9, Won 54-8

Rd. 1 Marion Co. (2A) 3-7, Won 41-8

Rd. 2 Tyner Academy (2A) 10-2, Won 35-0

Rd. 3 Watertown (2A) 12-1, Won 15-8

Rd. 4 Meigs Co. (2A) 13-1, Won 32-29

The Jackets avg. 31.5 PPG while giving up 10.9 PPG.  As you can see above, the Jacket Defense has scored 4 shutouts on the year. Their previous opponents combined for a record of 100-51 (66% win ratio). Of those 13 opponents, 11 made the playoffs with 2 playing for Titles this weekend (FCS and Whitwell). 

Peabody Golden Tide (13-1, Region 7 #1) of Trenton will be making their 3rd Appearance in the TSSAA State Finals where they have been 1-1.  A 2018 preseason favorite to reach the Finals, the Golden Tide have shown little mercy to their opponents. Their season has gone this way (Opponent -Class - Opponent Record - Game Score): 

B.T. Washington (1A) 1-9, Won 55-0

Milan (3A) 8-5, Won 27-26

Union City (2A) 7-6, Won 56-14

Humbolt (1A) 1-9, Won 72-0

Halls (2A) 2-8, Won 51-0

Dresden (2A) 5-5, Won 48-0

Gibson Co. (2A) 7-4, Lost 10-14

McKenzie (2A) 3-7, Won 55-7

Trinity Christian (2A) 6-6, Won 50-0

Adamsville (2A) 4-6, Won 30-0

Rd. 1 MAHS (2A) 4-7. Won 42-0

Rd. 2 Trinity Christian (2A) 6-6, Won 41-7

Rd. 3 Union City (2A) 7-6, Won 35-0

Rd. 4 Waverly (2A) 10-4, Won 35-21

The Golden Tide avg. 43.4 PPG while giving up 6.4 PPG.  As you can see above, the Golden Tide Defense has recorded and impressive 8 shutouts on the year. Their previous opponents combined for a record of 58-76 (43% win ratio). Of those 12 opponents, 6 made the playoffs.

Common Opponents

None. 

Previous Match-Ups

Thursday will be the first time the 2 schools have faced.

Schedule Debate 

Many have been debating on which of the teams have had the tougher schedule. Trousdale Co. has faced a decent 6A school, and 2 possible Championship Teams in the Regular Season and then have traveled a difficult Playoff Road based on rankings. However, Peabody survived a dogfight with Historic Power House Milan and came out of -what I think can only be compared to the SEC in- Region 7. Region 7 records don't accurately describe how difficult that 1 Region is. The only way to settle the debate is to play the game.

My Take

Trousdale County has lots of history, especially this deep in the playoffs, however this team and none of the players have made the trip before. That History will mean nothing once they step on the field Thursday Morning. The High Flying Golden Tide have been a handful for every opponent this year and I'd expect nothing less this week. There will be a host of athletes on the Turf at Tucker Stadium but I believe it comes down to the trenches, special teams and mistakes. Final Score is too close to call although I'm pulling for the Jackets.

Afterthought

Regardless of the results come Thursday, both teams, Schools, and communities have something to be proud of. I'm sure each has faced trials and tribulations throughout the year and the end result is they are one of the 2 best 2A teams in the State. Congrats to all of you for your hard work and dedication throughout this year. To the Seniors that will be moving on to hopefully bigger and better things, don't let this game or moment define you, but yet let it be a pillar to what you are made of. Go out into the world and make a difference and make things better than what you found them. God Bless you all! 

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

Mousy mousy mousy, dont sell Trousdale and Mr. Scruggs short. Ratio is 10:5.  Names are Chad Evitts, Michael Scruggs, Michael Scruggs, TT Harper, & Jared White! I not sure if TC was up for the award or not but I believe Eddie Moore of SP won the Back of the Year. Although TC made sure to show him up in the Semi-Finals on the Creekbank! 

55 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

Chad evitts won mr football too or am I misremebering?

Edit bcbsmvp beat me to it

I knew better than to try to state some facts :roflol:I knew Scruggs won it twice, but I wasn't sure about TC. I never got to watch Evitts, so he honestly slipped right through the cracks of my mind

15 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

It'll be like a breathe of fresh air getting to play on a field that isn't a mud pit... I expect Peabody to score in the 50's this week...

You must be talking about their basketball team, cause I would bet a months salary they won't score 50 and neither will we lol. This game is a toss up, now that I have watched more film, watching peabody is almost like looking in the mirror. Very similar in what we want to do. The only difference is they can throw it a little better. 

Edited by TCRadio

I have not seen TC play this year, but have seen some more videos in hudl.  Very good football team from what I’ve seen.  Probably fair to say they are the best Peabody will face,  but what do you expect, it’s the state championship game!  Offensively they have 3 good backs between Baines, Satterfield, and Rankin, definitely going to be a challenge.  Very similar to Peabody in that you have multiple play makers