3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

17 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Refs will be refs. Alcoa had nothing to do with it. Hate it was a controversial call. However, there is no need for you to state that Upperman whipped Alcoa tonight. Had that been the case Alcoa wouldn’t have lead the entire game. 

The mark of a championship team is the  ability to 1) not allow the game to progress to a point where marginal refs can impact your game to the point of loss, and 2) the composure to recover, play through, and wins games with questionable calls. Each of those championship flags flying at Alcoa’s field were not earned in a utopian season. They were earned by overcoming loss, bad calls, bad fields, and maintaining focus on on the objective. Upperman will have multiple championship flags flying when they learn this lesson. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hitthatquataback said:

So chargerfan what is your take on the upcoming game

I think that Alcoa has much more talent on their sideline than we do. But, you can only put 11 players out there at a time. I thought my Chargers played very competitively last year vs Alcoa. We shot ourselves in the foot with 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. You have a hard time winning when you have 4 turnovers. I think that Covington can compete if we don't turn it over. 

People were surprised how well we competed last year. Our guys surely learned a lot in that game, and our returning players do want this second chance. I don't think there will be any fear of Alcoa, but there is respect.

At one time this season, I thought we were fielding the best offensive Covington team ever. Someone else mentioned that we may have fallen off some in the playoffs because our field became a mud hole. Or, maybe the competition got better. Let's see how we do on Tech's turf field.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I think that Alcoa has much more talent on their sideline than we do. But, you can only put 11 players out there at a time. I thought my Chargers played very competitively last year vs Alcoa. We shot ourselves in the foot with 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. You have a hard time winning when you have 4 turnovers. I think that Covington can compete if we don't turn it over. 

People were surprised how well we competed last year. Our guys surely learned a lot in that game, and our returning players do want this second chance. I don't think there will be any fear of Alcoa, but there is respect.

At one time this season, I thought we were fielding the best offensive Covington team ever. Someone else mentioned that we may have fallen off some in the playoffs because out field became a mud hole. Or, maybe the competition got better. Let's see how we do on Tech's turf field.

I agree, however, those turnovers were caused by hard hitting , & the QB running for his life, especially the last int. When our freshman put him on his back as he threw the ball, then got up ran back up field & decleated a charger that was about to make a tackle, that young man is back in full form#98. That's why there were turnovers, I watched the game over today.chargers did play well, not taking anything away from those boys,they played tough. & people keep mentioning fear, you never hear a tornado poster saying fear Alcoa. Only those who play us keep bringing this word up. Go tornadoes!