3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Did Warwick graduate? I like ourchances better if he's gone?

He did graduate. Great football player and fine young man. Should have been Mr Football last year....However, #7 did not play Friday night. Got a little banged up vs AE last week. He should be ready to go. You will know who I’m talking about when you see him. He has been doing a pretty good job at the LB position. Will also carry the ball from time to time. Great size and very physical and is just a sophomore.

On paper this game looks like a pretty one-sided affair. Alcoa has the athletes, Alcoa has the numbers, and Alcoa has the history. I don't think that there are any experts throughout the state that will give much of chance to the Chargers of Covington. The point spread should be double-digits. Nine times out of ten, Alcoa wins this game and, of eight of those, they win big. This is how much of the state views Alcoa. They are arguably the best team in the state regardless of classification, which probably makes this team one of the best that 3A has ever seen. So yea, the task is monumental. I've been picking Alcoa to win the 2018 championship all season and I felt another silver ball in the trophy case would be all that Covington could hope to accomplish. But that one time in ten (or 100), something special happens. The experts are left scratching their heads. An App. State beats a Michigan, a UMBC beats a Virginia, or a David conquers a Goliath. So I will believe in my Chargers and I will believe that they will win. So good luck fellas and bring that gold ball back home!! I be there supporting you the best I can. 

On 11/24/2018 at 1:12 AM, Throwdeslant said:

Upperman played well. However, they had no answer for Walker Russell. He ran all over the Bees D. We are trying to give props to your team. Take your loss and move on. We’ve listened to your nonsense for almost 60 pages on the other thread. Again, great season. Good luck with basketball season! :thumb:

Well said Slant. I try to be a nice fella on here,  but some folks just want to show their ignorance. 

• Upvote 1