Why in the He double hockey sticks?

dannyq

2 hours ago, wave88 said:

My proposal... Thursday-D2 1A,  D1 1A and D1 2A.  Friday-D2 2A, D1 3A and D1 4A.  Saturday-D2 3A, D1 5A and D1 6A.  Build up to the three largest classes on Saturday.  

I don't like it.  Not that it matters but would you want Gallatin to be playing on Thursday? I'm sure we would all love our school to be playing no matter what day but let's be fair.

Publics on Friday and Saturday (rotated) and DII can have a weekend of their own. 

14 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't like it.  Not that it matters but would you want Gallatin to be playing on Thursday? I'm sure we would all love our school to be playing no matter what day but let's be fair.

Publics on Friday and Saturday (rotated) and DII can have a weekend of their own. 

I’m just going off of the conditions that were agreed upon by the full split.  The private’s went private and were given a rotational opportunity for when the games are played.  

11 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I’m just going off of the conditions that were agreed upon by the full split.  The private’s went private and were given a rotational opportunity for when the games are played.  

I'm sure you noticed the TSSAA is rotating the days when a class plays backwards. 1A played on Friday as always then went to Thursday now Saturday and the following year will be Friday.

In the original minutes the notes taken and published were in fact the opposite rotation. But you won't find that in the minutes as that has been edited out. 

And after this 4 year classification will they continue the backward day of rotation or just start all over again and give 1A 3A & 5A having to play 2 Thursdays out of every 4 year reclassification? 

Edited by Southtowner

36 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm sure you noticed the TSSAA is rotating the days when a class plays backwards. 1A played on Friday as always then went to Thursday now Saturday and the following year will be Friday.

In the original minutes the notes taken and published were in fact the opposite rotation. But you won't find that in the minutes as that has been edited out. 

And after this 4 year classification will they continue the backward day of rotation or just start all over again and give 1A 3A & 5A having to play 2 Thursdays out of every 4 year reclassification? 

I’m all in favor of it going back to the original rotation.  Private’s Thursday, 1,3,5 on Friday and 2,4,6 on Saturday.  I was merely trying to think of a way to really maximize attendance over the three days that I truly enjoy.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I’m all in favor of it going back to the original rotation.  Private’s Thursday, 1,3,5 on Friday and 2,4,6 on Saturday.  I was merely trying to think of a way to really maximize attendance over the three days that I truly enjoy.

I understand.  

I'd feel the same way if the venue were in say Chattanooga or Murfreesboro.  A closer proximity would suit us all. 

24 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Personally I'd prefer each title game have it's own separate site, a neutral site that can be either agreed upon beaten the 2 teams or rotate bewteen having it at site of east or west representative

We hosted Brentwood Academy back in 1974 for the Class A title.  I wouldn't suggest this format or anything other than a midstate venue.  I would love for Knoxville to host but really don't think it would happen.

19 hours ago, sheppy said:

D-2 should play Thanksgiving weekend or on Thursday before if we keep 3 classes in D-2 and 6 classes in D-1.  Some D-2 have a bye the first week of the playoffs. Essentially they only play 3 weeks of the 5 weeks in the current playoff system (I think I'm right on this), so they get the benefit of having 2 weeks to prepare for a championship game and the 6 TEAMS THAT PLAY ON DAY 1 HAVE 1 LESS DAY TO PREPARE THAN THEY NORMALLY DO.

Another possible scenario. 1. Week 1 is on August 24 (2018), 2. Week 10 is on Oct. 26, 10 straight weeks no open date, 3. NO PLAYOFF GAMES UNTIL NOV 9, here is the open date but it only affects the playoff teams, 4. Blue Cross Championship games on Dec. 6,7,8.

The D2 championship games should be played at 7:00pm on Thanksgiving Day at home field of the higher ranked team.  Yes, I understand that would require games being played at three different locations but it would make for a better atmosphere.

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Since they sell beer, wine and hard liquor on Sunday now  ... why not do 1,3 and 5 on Saturday and 2, 4, and 6 on Sunday. And flip-flop every other year? Would we all be struck by lighting? And the privates could play when ever they want to play their games. Just asking!

Okay, I'm confused on this one.   You do realize they don't sell alcohol at high school games correct....:blink: