Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

6 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

SP looked sloppy. They have a long way to go if they want to have a shot at beating teams like Meigs, Red Bank, and Greenback. It did seem like a lot of kids played though. 

Most teams I've read about looked sloppy. Plenty enough time make adjustments etc. Trousdale, Lake County, and Tyner are the only teams I've read about that were somewhat happy with their performance in their first scrimmage. Basically I'm sure our coaches are saying this to our kids..... you have a long way to go before you can beat teams like South Pitt, Greenback, and Clinton. Time to get it done etc. Its a few weeks away but were about to be on the clock.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Most teams I've read about looked sloppy. Plenty enough time make adjustments etc. Trousdale, Lake County, and Tyner are the only teams I've read about that were somewhat happy with their performance in their first scrimmage. Basically I'm sure our coaches are saying this to our kids..... you have a long way to go before you can beat teams like South Pitt, Greenback, and Clinton. Time to get it done etc. Its a few weeks away but were about to be on the clock.

Don't get me wrong both Lake County and Trousdale were sloppy on offense. The defenses were very good for both teams. Both squads have alot of work to do.

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Don't get me wrong both Lake County and Trousdale were sloppy on offense. The defenses were very good for both teams. Both squads have alot of work to do.

Yeah, we all do. I been kinda hard on my team I guess. Just really use to seeing us be much more dominant when against an opponent. Luckily it's something experience can fix on our end. Not just lack of talent etc. IAlso underestimated Loudon. They will have a good team this year.

Edited by Imthayeti

14 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

So why would he schedule it on Saturday if he knew it wouldn’t matter? Doesn’t make sense to me, but most things don’t. 

Going by the 1 year rule SP thought it would be Friday night to that same Friday night in August but when the one year sit out was explained SP learned it was 365 days which would include Saturday. Schedule had been set by then. Too late to change c

9 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Clinton?

36 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Going by the 1 year rule SP thought it would be Friday night to that same Friday night in August but when the one year sit out was explained SP learned it was 365 days which would include Saturday. Schedule had been set by then. Too late to change c

That stinks for SP. Down a big time playmaker for Sequatchie. Someone else will have to step up at the fb position. Sequatchie is no slouch.

18 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't know why all the confusion.  If one played their last game on Aug 24 and had to sit a year, one wouldn't be eligible the next year until Aug 25.  Unless it is a leap year. 

TSSAA not as good at math as you are. August 24 , 2018 was a Friday. August 24, 2019 is a Saturday. Midnight Saturday he becomes eligible. Now if Grider could get Sequatch to agree to 12:01 AM kickoff. 

Edited by pegleg