Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

45 minutes ago, sportman said:

Also I liked Hunter Frame on the XP. It looked really good.  The other XP from the other kid was a dying duck.  I didn't know Hunter kicked left footed.  Of coarse I didn't know the kid every one talked about that was kicking the stuffing out of the ball went back home. 

27 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

What made that XP more impressive was the fact that it was a high snap and Sanders was holding it basically from a standing position.

That extra point doesn't even get made with a 'live rush'. 

6 hours ago, sportman said:

Maybe in the regular season will change, but I thought you would always put your best 11 on the field and we didn't do that  last night. I know a starting O Lineman and D lineman were out, but #8 has got to be on the field 90% of the time for us .  I know it's early but if you can't form tackle and know how to block your in the wrong game. People can get mad at me or whatever, but I hate Daddy and Mama ball.  Just bc you think you earned a spot to be able to start this year doesn't mean jack if you can't go out there and show it.  And please if someone in the QB club could get Coach Grider 10 bucks to buy some wasp spray to kill those pesky thing's around the press box that would be nice.  Overall and I know it's early, we have a huge, huge way of improvement to go, not just alot.  Still seems like watching a rerun on TV, but until we can pass the ball, people are going to load the box. 

Sportman I garuntee I almost got stung by one of those wasp by that Sherrill mans press box and not dropped my spilt my red bull on my Murphy Fair book.  When Grider starts charging people to get in his stadium they better not have to be swatting at wasp.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, sportman said:

Maybe in the regular season will change, but I thought you would always put your best 11 on the field and we didn't do that  last night. I know a starting O Lineman and D lineman were out, but #8 has got to be on the field 90% of the time for us .  

8 hours ago, sportman said:

That did lay on my mind about not getting anyone hurt. 

Bingo.. Let’s build some depth and get ready for week 1. #8 will be eligible to play week 2. Go Pirates! 

Edited by SPHS09

Missed the game but watched film twice now. Offensive line really wasn’t bad after rewatching majority of plays. Some missed blocks but biggest issue was the backs run blocking were getting blown up in the edge by the outside linebackers all night. Defensively we fly to the ball and Watertown has most likely the best RB SP will see all season. Also appeared from hearing their coaches scream the plays before ball was snapped Watertown schemed us up and was really prepared for our base stuff (which is all we ran). Even with the miscues we still beat a very talented team that will make some noise in 2A this year. When will adjust and continue getting better.

At the end of the day this is still just a scrimmage. Apples to oranges when comparing to an actual game week when we have other team 100% scouted. The hype is real though. Up to the kids and coaches to deliver the goods. Should be a fun season with the potential to be a special one. 

Edited by TonyHorton91281

12 hours ago, sportman said:

Maybe in the regular season will change, but I thought you would always put your best 11 on the field and we didn't do that  last night. I know a starting O Lineman and D lineman were out, but #8 has got to be on the field 90% of the time for us .  I know it's early but if you can't form tackle and know how to block your in the wrong game. People can get mad at me or whatever, but I hate Daddy and Mama ball.  Just bc you think you earned a spot to be able to start this year doesn't mean jack if you can't go out there and show it.  And please if someone in the QB club could get Coach Grider 10 bucks to buy some wasp spray to kill those pesky thing's around the press box that would be nice.  Overall and I know it's early, we have a huge, huge way of improvement to go, not just alot.  Still seems like watching a rerun on TV, but until we can pass the ball, people are going to load the box. 

Its a scrimmage game, you play people to see how they will play. Vic played a lot of people. We lost our composure a time or two, We missed blocks, we missed tackles, usually when you do these things you lose, we didn't. We held a Team that could end up in Cookeville scoreless all night. We scored twice and had the ball on the 1ft line until a mental error cost us 15 yds. The B team also scored a couple and held their B team scoreless. Take the good and build on it and learn from the mistakes,this is what Scrimmage games are for.

• Like 1