Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

Good luck to  Coach WIlliams. Great guy that will no doubt find a home easily.

Johnny O is not anywhere  close to what it used to be and never will be again.

With school choice, Metro is down to basically 4-5 football programs. Argue that if you want,  but deep down you know it is true. Best recruiters win.

Sad what it has become.

25 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Good luck to  Coach WIlliams. Great guy that will no doubt find a home easily.

Johnny O is not anywhere  close to what it used to be and never will be again.

With school choice, Metro is down to basically 4-5 football programs. Argue that if you want,  but deep down you know it is true. Best recruiters win.

Sad what it has become.

Better them 4-5 programs than private schools!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

Well dern I hate to hear the news is true at Johnny O. I am sure they will get another coach on board and maybe even already have him. Still could be a good job if whomever takes it can recruit his own kids to stay in the building and play ball. Sad that a coach actually has to recruit his own kids to stay because others are recruiting the kids away. No moral/professional ethics for some coaches. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Better them 4-5 programs than private schools!!

Kinda crazy these So called 5 schools have a rich history of winning dating back to the 90s and some b4.  Antioch"MyGeneration" has never been that team to beat. Hunters lane was some what competitive for the most part but after walking the hallways recently them and Glencliff are in the same boat. Whites creek has died and I was just told its talk about closing the school down. Never heard any glory stories about Hillwood. Times has changed. Kids want to play with there friends and want to play on winning teams. The city is changing. Look at Stratford. They are about to loose 70%  Of their students due to James Cayce coming down.  They are hurting so bad the middle school program had to fold. Me personally I just glad these young men are doing something positive. 

7 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Kinda crazy these So called 5 schools have a rich history of winning dating back to the 90s and some b4.  Antioch"MyGeneration" has never been that team to beat. Hunters lane was some what competitive for the most part but after walking the hallways recently them and Glencliff are in the same boat. Whites creek has died and I was just told its talk about closing the school down. Never heard any glory stories about Hillwood. Times has changed. Kids want to play with there friends and want to play on winning teams. The city is changing. Look at Stratford. They are about to loose 70%  Of their students due to James Cayce coming down.  They are hurting so bad the middle school program had to fold. Me personally I just glad these young men are doing something positive. 

People forget PC had to go through what Stratford about to go through twice. First it was Preston Taylor and then Jo Johnson, and on top of that they removed Sky View zone and gave it to Hillsboro. So if you ask me this open zone idea is good for metro and our kids. Private schools been stealing our metro kids for years and nobody to this day is complaining. People want to say its recruiting but these kids and parents today want to play for winning teams and coaches that can get them to next level. Not to mention some staffs have coaches on their, that either played with them or played against them in school so it's easy to get kids just off that along. So what people might think is recruiting might not be.

4 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

From 1987 until 2009, Huntets Lane played good football and were well respected throughout the tenures of Jerry Pigue and Richard Campbell.  HL fell off the cliff after Campbell left.

Hillwopd had success under Jerry Link. Glencliff had some good seasons under Jim Wilson. Whites Creek was a power under Richard Coure.

Pearl Cohn never won more than 2 games until Maurice Fitzgerald took over. 

The point is, the right coach at a school makes all the difference. The most recent example is Cane Ridge and Eddie Woods.

The most consistent programs over long periods of time are Overton,  Maplewood,  and more recently Pearl Cohn and Hillsboro.

2 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

People forget PC had to go through what Stratford about to go through twice. First it was Preston Taylor and then Jo Johnson, and on top of that they removed Sky View zone and gave it to Hillsboro. So if you ask me this open zone idea is good for metro and our kids. Private schools been stealing our metro kids for years and nobody to this day is complaining. People want to say its recruiting but these kids and parents today want to play for winning teams and coaches that can get them to next level. Not to mention some staffs have coaches on their, that either played with them or played against them in school so it's easy to get kids just off that along. So what people might think is recruiting might not be.

Calling a kid during the  summer after he is already enrolled in a high school is indeed recruiting.

Is what it is.