District 8-A

ecu

8 hours ago, Ctread2019 said:

Basketball is a funny sport sometimes. You then mix in teenagers in the equation and sometimes things don’t turn out on like they look on paper.  There are teams that get hot at the right time every year. None of these games really mean much until late February. It looks like they started with a couple of their tougher road trips on the district schedule to start. 

To me appears that overall this district is not very good top to bottom comparatively to years past and to other single A districts this year. Doesn’t mean that games won’t be competitive and exciting along the way. I think there are Four teams who can beat anyone in district play. I do think Huntland is the favorite at this exact moment. Fairly deep and pretty good guard play across the board. With the region being so bad, two 8A teams are still likely to participate In a Substate game.

Very good assessment . Big game tomorrow is MC and Huntland. Fayettevile will be 3-0 after tomorrow.

2 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

They wanted a chance to win.

Tonights Match-ups

Moore Co vs Huntland

Fayetteville vs Cornersville

Cascade vs Eagleville

I'll take Huntland, Fayetteville, and Eagleville. MC may be able to pull out a win if Richards gets going but outside of her they really struggle to create any offense. If she has an off night I wouldn't be shocked to see Huntland win by double digits.

Huntland wins by 12 should have been a lot more.  Game was never close the Lady Hornets were up 24 in the second half.  Looks like an unexpected game for first place with Fayetteville Tuesday night.  Props top the coaches and players at Fayetteville.  Great Turn around this season.  I will take the Lady Hornets in this game.

16 hours ago, ecu said:

Showdown between Huntland and Fayetteville Tuesday night. Who would have picked these two to be the last two undefeated in district? Other games are MC- Cascade, and Eagleville-Cornersville

Congrats to Fayetteville they are playing hard. I think you can thank FC for helping out Huntland, having 3 girls that are scoring double figures every night, plus not hiring Edmondson as the head coach and his assistant coaches are all former FC coaches/players. Huntland needs to send FC a basket of fruit! I give Huntland the edge Tuesday but Fayettevilles size will give Huntland some trouble.

8 hours ago, Baseballdad75 said:

Congrats to Fayetteville they are playing hard. I think you can thank FC for helping out Huntland, having 3 girls that are scoring double figures every night, plus not hiring Edmondson as the head coach and his assistant coaches are all former FC coaches/players. Huntland needs to send FC a basket of fruit! I give Huntland the edge Tuesday but Fayettevilles size will give Huntland some trouble.

The girls are Huntland because they want to be there.  The have a better chance of winning games and the support is much better. One of the girls was at Huntland for years then Moved back, one never attended FC, and the otheR was at FC for one year and the Family move back to their old home place. Huntland has had some really good teams the last few years. Several girls playing in college. 

On 1/19/2020 at 2:36 PM, ecu said:

Showdown between Huntland and Fayetteville Tuesday night. Who would have picked these two to be the last two undefeated in district? Other games are MC- Cascade, and Eagleville-Cornersville

Winners: Huntland, MC, Eagleville