District 8-A

ecu

2 hours ago, maddams said:

What’s been the issue with Eagleville this year? Made a Run to the state tournament last year and I thought they were bringing most of their pieces back. Did they graduate more than I realized? They can’t seem to get it together

Basketball is a funny sport sometimes. You then mix in teenagers in the equation and sometimes things don’t turn out on like they look on paper.  There are teams that get hot at the right time every year. None of these games really mean much until late February. It looks like they started with a couple of their tougher road trips on the district schedule to start. 

To me appears that overall this district is not very good top to bottom comparatively to years past and to other single A districts this year. Doesn’t mean that games won’t be competitive and exciting along the way. I think there are Four teams who can beat anyone in district play. I do think Huntland is the favorite at this exact moment. Fairly deep and pretty good guard play across the board. With the region being so bad, two 8A teams are still likely to participate In a Substate game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• RR, you might remember. Didn’t someone hide the kicking shoe that game? It seems I remember we had missed a kick the week before, and we needed all the points we could get. We thought we had a better chance going for two, so $?&@$ hid the shoe after the first miss that game. No one on our sideline looked for it very hard.
    • I will never forget the 1983 Heritage vs Maryville game. I remember driving home and listening to WGAP. Can't remember the announcers name. He asked Coach Story why he kept going for 2? Story told him " Why didn't you ask Renfro that last year"
    • TSSAA will let them all go to Mase.
    • Well nothing new, the Mustangs are really talented again this coming season!  They very well could go undefeated in regular season.  We shall see what happens in postseason.  I think the path to state title game is a little clearer than years past.  I think the Stangs are going to be really good and I think the traditional teams around in 2A are not going to be as strong.  It should be a fun season!