District 8-A

ecu

17 hours ago, thenomad said:

Richland Christmas Tournament

Cornersville vs Ardmore (AL)

Eagleville vs. Fayetteville

Community vs. Huntland

Richland vs. Tullahoma

I have eaten my crow in regards to Tullahoma. Much improved from last time I heard about them. 

I need to get out and see a lady hornet game I hear they play good ball in Huntland 

No Tullahoma did, they needed to play in a better suited tournament. With that being said though, they did get a lot of girls playing time. Fayetteville will upset some district teams this year, They played well at times, foul trouble hurts them. This could be a fun district to watch this year. Moore County I have not seen but seems to be right in the thick of things. Eagleville looked good at times and Huntland plays hard but no post players and can score some points. Those 4 teams should be fun to watch.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:03 PM, EagleOldEyes said:

CC played Baylor and riverdale and white co which all are big schools or ranked private schools. and looking at the tully schedule they play warren, father ryan and lebanon after playing hendersonville and gallatin and independence that all are way bigger. I’m just an old rebelette fan from fc but looking at these schedules I am going to say you have no idea what it is you are saying. tully is closer to 2a in size and coffee has played a tough schedule to date with some wins mixed in. coming from a rebel boy I know the frustration but you are not correct 

I know a little more about all this than you think.  Check schedules the past 4 to 5 years and see how many single A and AA teams CC and Tull played.  In fact there were years where Huntland, Cascade, and MC dominated both of these 2 teams.  Play up to your competition and get better instead of scheduling wins.

2 hours ago, Baseballdad75 said:

No Tullahoma did, they needed to play in a better suited tournament. With that being said though, they did get a lot of girls playing time. Fayetteville will upset some district teams this year, They played well at times, foul trouble hurts them. This could be a fun district to watch this year. Moore County I have not seen but seems to be right in the thick of things. Eagleville looked good at times and Huntland plays hard but no post players and can score some points. Those 4 teams should be fun to watch.

Definitely a four team race. Eagleville and FC are huge inside.  Will be interesting to see if any of the top 4 can sweep one of the other. Cascade and Cornersville will not a game against top 4.

40 minutes ago, ecu said:

Definitely a four team race. Eagleville and FC are huge inside.  Will be interesting to see if any of the top 4 can sweep one of the other. Cascade and Cornersville will not a game against top 4.

I totally agree. This top 4 could be one of the most contested. Not sure what Cascade has (considering HC job posting on TSSAA). I don't see Cornersville winning a game. 

59 minutes ago, thenomad said:

I totally agree. This top 4 could be one of the most contested. Not sure what Cascade has (considering HC job posting on TSSAA). I don't see Cornersville winning a game. 

• They have a coach but lost their best player when previous coach left. Could see Cornersville and Cascade splitting.

4 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

I know a little more about all this than you think.  Check schedules the past 4 to 5 years and see how many single A and AA teams CC and Tull played.  In fact there were years where Huntland, Cascade, and MC dominated both of these 2 teams.  Play up to your competition and get better instead of scheduling wins.

found out through my daughters boyfriend that tully girls only were in tournament because boys were in it.  but sounds like from earlier post they won by 30 each game and played everyone so they did get younger girls better