West Tn Class A

Intense

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

TCA played well on defense. Good team. We didn't deserve to win that game. No offense but Greenfield is probably the best defense we played. 

Nobody is saying that TCA’s defense is as good as Greenfields nor are they saying TCA is as good as Greenfield.  We are just saying that we had something to do with GC’s performance.  I’ve said from the beginning that Greenfield is the best team but GC will be right there with them.  Until TCA beats either in a tournament setting, I won’t say we are better.  GC is a veteran team and they will be a tough out for anybody BUT TCA now has the confidence that they can play with the Big Girls!  I predict GC will beat Peabody by 10 to 15.  Their depth will be the difference. 

2 minutes ago, Intense said:

Nobody is saying that TCA’s defense is as good as Greenfields nor are they saying TCA is as good as Greenfield.  We are just saying that we had something to do with GC’s performance.  I’ve said from the beginning that Greenfield is the best team but GC will be right there with them.  Until TCA beats either in a tournament setting, I won’t say we are better.  GC is a veteran team and they will be a tough out for anybody BUT TCA now has the confidence that they can play with the Big Girls!  I predict GC will beat Peabody by 10 to 15.  Their depth will be the difference. 

Don't know. We are trending down and you and Peabody are trending up. TCA is a good team. Yow have just a good of chance as we do to make it to state. All about how you play in February. Trenton may beat us. May be what we need to wake us up. Better to lose now than a month down the road. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Don't know. We are trending down and you and Peabody are trending up. TCA is a good team. Yow have just a good of chance as we do to make it to state. All about how you play in February. Trenton may beat us. May be what we need to wake us up. Better to lose now than a month down the road. 

I agree on losing now versus later on.  

TCA absolutely had soenthing to do with the way GC played.  It’s just my opinion that GC has played better defenses and won games.  Didn’t happen Friday night and credit to TCA. They should definitely feel like they can beat anyone cause beating GC at home is a big deal I would say.  Like I said earlier.   May be best thing that could happen to them.  And wouldn’t say GC is going the wrong way.  Bad games happen. Let’s see what happens against Peabody before we jump to conclusions and placing blames. What this proves is nobody around here in single is good enough to just roll the ball out and walk to state.  Gonna have to play your best to win. 

Edited by westtnsportsfan

27 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

TCA absolutely had soenthing to do with the way GC played.  It’s just my opinion that GC has played better defenses and won games.  Didn’t happen Friday night and credit to TCA. They should definitely feel like they can beat anyone cause beating GC at home is a big deal I would say.  Like I said earlier.   May be best thing that could happen to them.  And wouldn’t say GC is going the wrong way.  Bad games happen. Let’s see what happens against Peabody before we jump to conclusions and placing blames. What this proves is nobody around here in single is good enough to just roll the ball out and walk to state.  Gonna have to play your best to win. 

GC has beat some good teams and your exactly right teams are not just going to roll over because they play GC. TCA has beaten us three years in a row at our place. Yes sir they have. Like I said, GC has been consistent game in and game out on the defensive side of the ball. We have been consistently inconsistent on the offensive side of the ball but have won lots of ugly games because of our defense. This is not a knock on GC or our coaches. Just reality. We have to coach better and play better offensively to win the state. Very obvious of that. 

Gibson Co plays an extremely tough schedule. Lots of intense games that you have to really focus mentally to win. I wonder sometimes that being in so many intense situations can cause mental fatigue making it hard to stay on top of you're game. As a fan I love tough schedules but I don't know if you need to play as tough a schedule as Gibson Co does.

40 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Gibson Co plays an extremely tough schedule. Lots of intense games that you have to really focus mentally to win. I wonder sometimes that being in so many intense situations can cause mental fatigue making it hard to stay on top of you're game. As a fan I love tough schedules but I don't know if you need to play as tough a schedule as Gibson Co does.

They play a tough schedule. Could be right. But our worse games have been when we had rest and shouldn't be mentally weaker. GC is loaded with depth. That is when he needs to use the bench more, IMO.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, Intense said:

Great game last night.  Gibson County is a great team as we expected.  I’ve been telling everyone that TCA is going to be a factor.  Should not have lost to Peabody.  Had a 10 point lead  to start the 4th Q and blew it due to key players having to sit because of foul trouble.  I think we will get Peabody at home.  Gibson County no doubt plays the most disciplined defense I’ve seen.  Peabody is quicker and puts more pressure but GC is more fundamental.  I think any of the top three teams could win this district.  Region is going to be a battle.  With Gleason and Dresden starting to get better, I think there are 6 legit teams that could go to Murfreesboro.  Unfortunately, only two can go.  Four good teams will be sitting at home. TCA’s post play was a difference maker last night.  Macey Lee was huge last night and proved she is a big time player!

I’ve been saying all season that TCA is good. Probably lost a few games that they shouldn’t have but that’s to be expected in high school. They are just so physical down low and the point guard has really improved this year. I’m not surprised that they won. And I agree, 6 teams from this region could go to state and win it ! Girls basketball in West Tennessee is alive and well !!!