Jasper 2019

rlh

4 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

In the TFP yesterday, Hargis says that Marion Co has a solid OL and returns 6 starters on both sides of the ball. Also the Warriors have a duel threat QB and an experienced RB.

Since y'all play Tyner at home this year, it should be a interesting game and could go down to the wire!! 

Marion County will be improved, but if they take Tyner to the wire... Tyner has NO chance of beating Trousdale. 

6 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

In the TFP yesterday, Hargis says that Marion Co has a solid OL and returns 6 starters on both sides of the ball. Also the Warriors have a duel threat QB and an experienced RB.

Since y'all play Tyner at home this year, it should be a interesting game and could go down to the wire!! 

I'm not sure about the dual threat label. We have some good kids for sure. It's all in how their heads are each Friday night. The last time we played in Jasper we should have won that one. The wheels fell off with about 5 to go. A lot of our kids were celebrating a little too much. We should be better than last year for sure. Last year's senior class had a bad reputation since middle school for not caring. I saw a few that did but they had no leadership. That hopefully will be different this year.

5 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I'm not sure about the dual threat label. We have some good kids for sure. It's all in how their heads are each Friday night. The last time we played in Jasper we should have won that one. The wheels fell off with about 5 to go. A lot of our kids were celebrating a little too much. We should be better than last year for sure. Last year's senior class had a bad reputation since middle school for not caring. I saw a few that did but they had no leadership. That hopefully will be different this year.

Didn’t I read in the paper last year where last year’s seniors beat SP by something like 40-50 points when they were in 8th grade? I either read it in the paper, on here, or Coach Grider said it in an interview. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Didn’t I read in the paper last year where last year’s seniors beat SP by something like 40-50 points when they were in 8th grade? I either read it in the paper, on here, or Coach Grider said it in an interview. 

I'm not sure how bad they beat them, but I think SP only won one game that year for them youngster's.   My how the table's turned when they grew up. 

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yeah it was about like that. We were kneeling on the ball with 5 min to go. Some kids develop, some don't. Some kids leave and some don't even play. It's hard to go by those scores. I believe our 2014-2016 teams lost to sp in middle school but those turned out different in high school too.

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Yeah it was about like that. We were kneeling on the ball with 5 min to go. Some kids develop, some don't. Some kids leave and some don't even play. It's hard to go by those scores. I believe our 2014-2016 teams lost to sp in middle school but those turned out different in high school too.

How did the scrimmage go tonight?

19 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

How did the scrimmage go tonight?

Very poor tackling. Offensively you can see sparks but no one player carried the ball more than a few times. Not sure if Coach Mathis is just trying to try different things or just didnt want to get anyone hurt. JV looked better than the varsity actually. The Condra kid reminds me a lot of Zeman.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:23 PM, PurplePower68 said:

Very poor tackling. Offensively you can see sparks but no one player carried the ball more than a few times. Not sure if Coach Mathis is just trying to try different things or just didnt want to get anyone hurt. JV looked better than the varsity actually. The Condra kid reminds me a lot of Zeman.

He could be playing possum. Don’t worry you boys will be 1-0 in a few weeks. Fayetteville shouldn’t touch you. 

• Upvote 1