Region 4 AA

jimbo44

Cumberland County only plays one style.  That style involves pressing no matter the opponent or the game situation.  CC will not win against a team that handles the pressure.  Don't look for the coach to make adjustments during the game.  CC run is about to be over with.  The lack of development of underclassman will come full circle in the region and next year for sure.  Don't take Dekalb lightly.  I know Upperman will have a game plan for CC if they meet.    

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

I didn’t realize Cumberland had this many haters.

I don’t think people are hating on CC. The outcomes of recent games are making people question whether CC can make a deep run like people are saying they can. CC is a good team and people know that. So I wouldn’t call them “haters”

1 hour ago, Indian said:

The coach seems to rub some the wrong way by the way she acts. CC supporters would likely say it’s just being excited and helping the team have fun. Winning does cause resentment but there’s also the thought CC got lucky barely sliding into Class AA. 

I can see that! Some of it bothers me, like the jumping around, the DX chops, and antics plus her cockiness. Her players don’t deserve the hate though they play hard and respectful. I know people accuse her of running up the score but I saw Cumberland get up 41-0 with 6+ minutes in the 2nd and win 62-12. So they outscored them 21-12 through 6 minutes and an entire half. Not a starter played from that point on, and every bench player scored and after that they quit shooting. They were actually fouling Grundy so they could shoot free throws and Grundy only hit 3 shots from the field the entire night. I have never seen a 41-0 lead in anything but football some Cumberland fans (including me) cheered for Grundy when they scored. As far as them being in AA Cumberland county built Stone in 2005 and they were in AA for a long time. Now it’s Cumberland that is the smaller school in the county because Cumberland County High school was still overcrowded and some of the students were shifted to Stone (which is a much larger building) basically the 2 schools flipped. 1 or the other is going to be in AA or AAA. 

2 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

I don’t think people are hating on CC. The outcomes of recent games are making people question whether CC can make a deep run like people are saying they can. CC is a good team and people know that. So I wouldn’t call them “haters”

I am a Macon County Graduate and have attended probably 500 tiger/Tigerette games in my life before moving to Crossville and am excited to see the Tigerettes play here. My daughter loved watching the game in Lafayette this year. My Neices and Nephews attend MC. I will always love them! I know several of the parents of the players and remember watching them in HS. 

I have watched HS basketball all my life and can attest that Cumberland is for real. They may not beat DeKalb or Upperman but those are State Tournament quality teams also. In most regions they would be a huge favorite to win. I watched DeKalb play at Macon this year and they have a shot at Cumberland but I expect them to lose by about 15. Then hopefully the Jets can upset Upperman and face Macon.

Edited by Khall555

12 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I can see that! Some of it bothers me, like the jumping around, the DX chops, and antics plus her cockiness. Her players don’t deserve the hate though they play hard and respectful. I know people accuse her of running up the score but I saw Cumberland get up 41-0 with 6+ minutes in the 2nd and win 62-12. So they outscored them 21-12 through 6 minutes and an entire half. Not a starter played from that point on, and every bench player scored and after that they quit shooting. They were actually fouling Grundy so they could shoot free throws and Grundy only hit 3 shots from the field the entire night. I have never seen a 41-0 lead in anything but football some Cumberland fans (including me) cheered for Grundy when they scored. As far as them being in AA Cumberland county built Stone in 2005 and they were in AA for a long time. Now it’s Cumberland that is the smaller school in the county because Cumberland County High school was still overcrowded and some of the students were shifted to Stone (which is a much larger building) basically the 2 schools flipped. 1 or the other is going to be in AA or AAA. 

I am a Macon County Graduate and have attended probably 500 tiger/Tigerette games in my life before moving to Crossville and am excited to see the Tigerettes play here. My daughter loved watching the game in Lafayette this year. My Neices and Nephews attend MC. I will always love them! I know several of the parents of the players and remember watching them in HS. 

I have watched HS basketball all my life and can attest that Cumberland is for real. They may not beat DeKalb or Upperman but those are State Tournament quality teams also. In most regions they would be a huge favorite to win. I watched DeKalb play at Macon this year and they have a shot at Cumberland but I expect them to lose by about 15. Then hopefully the Jets can upset Upperman and face Macon.

I don’t see where anyone has hated on the players or the coaches. They have just given their opinions like I have. I’ve coached against this coach and won. I have no ill feelings towards her at all I just think her teams have underachieved come tournament time and that is a direct reflection on the coaching staff. Now having said all of that she can right a lot of wrongs if she gets this team to Murfreesboro. 

29 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I don’t see where anyone has hated on the players or the coaches. They have just given their opinions like I have. I’ve coached against this coach and won. I have no ill feelings towards her at all I just think her teams have underachieved come tournament time and that is a direct reflection on the coaching staff. Now having said all of that she can right a lot of wrongs if she gets this team to Murfreesboro. 

Couldn’t have said it any better!

57 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I actually meant in other places on here not necessarily in this one. The Stone/Cumberland thread from December is what got me here to begin with as people here were talking about that game. The statement was meant in general, sorry for the confusion. Maybe I should have said “doubters” and not “haters”. 

And you are right Cumberland can silence all of them by beating DeKalb and Upperman.

8 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

I actually meant in other places on here not necessarily in this one. The Stone/Cumberland thread from December is what got me here to begin with as people here were talking about that game. The statement was meant in general, sorry for the confusion. Maybe I should have said “doubters” and not “haters”. 

And you are right Cumberland can silence all of them by beating DeKalb and Upperman.

She’s got a good enough team to beat both Dekalb and Upperman and she will be playing in her own gym so that’s a huge advantage. I want to see her take a team to the state tournament not the region finals or the substate. Then she can get the proverbial monkey off her back IMO. 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

She’s got a good enough team to beat both Dekalb and Upperman and she will be playing in her own gym so that’s a huge advantage. I want to see her take a team to the state tournament not the region finals or the substate. Then she can get the proverbial monkey off her back IMO. 

She had to go through Bradley and Riverdale for years so it’s not like many coaches go through that gauntlet. I am not making excuses but that’s a hard road to hoe