Region 7-A

GCPioneer

4 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Greenfield and Gibson both win in two really good games... should be a fun region championship game!

If we play against Greenfield the way we did against Peabody...we'll be on the road for substate. I think Greenfield has a healthy Moore-McNiel--- they beat TCA by 15. Big & Little Darby showed out and Chloe showed up late and took it over. Hats off to Peabody on a dog fight. When you had us down by 10 or 11 with 5 to go, I was concerned. Your big girl played the best game I've ever seen her play. These Memphis? refs are a lot different than we're accustomed to and it took 3 quarters for us to find the shots. Should be a barn barner come Tuesday night! 

7 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Delusional at best....you will see tonight. We will save yalls girls some seats to watch us in the championship game next week Maybe yall will do better at Dll If yall can recruit a couple more.

Mark this down! TCA will play in the state ch-ship game in D2 next year.  D2 is incredibly weak and TCA will be way better next year when the 8th graders that got minutes this year get some starts.  If I am correct, they graduate only one starter and she was subbed out tonight for one of the 8th graders in the 4th qtr. 

I saw 3 players who were consistently on their shot tonight... Tess and Edie Darby from Greenfield and Kiera Hill from Peabody.... the gym DOES affect how the game is played and how the shots fall. If Union City’s gym isn’t big enough to host it, maybe they should lay off painting the football field for a year and build a new gym big enough to seat 1500 people with that money.

Edited by GCPioneer

25 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Mark this down! TCA will play in the state ch-ship game in D2 next year.  D2 is incredibly weak and TCA will be way better next year when the 8th graders that got minutes this year get some starts.  If I am correct, they graduate only one starter and she was subbed out tonight for one of the 8th graders in the 4th qtr. 

It is a easier path but it will still be a battle for them. You got TRA, Northpoint, Harding Academy all with size and depth and still dont count out USJ. Only 10 or 12 good teams in the whole state in either division of Dll. 

33 minutes ago, BullShark said:

but a D2 is a weak state champ...state champ over what....6-7 other teams?...play with the 50-60 public schools in their classification that don't recruit and play what gets off that yellow bus instead of what gets out of that Lexus....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cofo said:

but a D2 is a weak state champ...state champ over what....6-7 other teams?...play with the 50-60 public schools in their classification that don't recruit and play what gets off that yellow bus instead of what gets out of that Lexus....

We were the last standing private school in West Tn in D1.  We wanted to stay D1 but had no choice. Theres more than 6 or 7 teams but certainly not as many as the public schools.  Most of the time the top 4 to 6 teams in the private divisions are as good as the public’s in all sports.  We will most likely try to schedule Gibson Co, Greenfield, Crockett Co, etc next year.  Most likely, it won’t work out to be able to play all of them but that would be the goal.  You think Brentwood Academy is a weak D2 state champ?  I could go on and on.  There are some very weak D2 teams but if you saw our girls District this year you would say the same.  We had 4 girls teams that were pretty weak.  They would not have won a game in D2.  It goes both ways.  Main issue is that we don’t have a choice.  When we had the choice we stayed D1. There aren’t many Lexus’s at TCA by the way!  A lot of Ford F150’s and mini vans!  Hardworking middle income folks!  If you were to interview the families you would find that most came from small schools around West Tn and they moved to Jackson to work after college.  

22 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

WTF you talkin about. Wilkins isnt playing any JV players from this point to state. I’m not talkin about next year. I am talking about this season. If they get to state this year it is these seniors getting them there. I know they got a good squad coming up. Neal and Bass give them great minutes off the bench.

GC will be a handful at the end of next year. Sweat will be your PG, Bass and Neal at 2 and 3, Hart and Hunt at 4 and 5. Zoe Neal, Macy's sister will come off the bench as will Amy Lee, another big post. That ain't including our freshman this year who all play on JV, who have not lost a game his year. We got Cantrell and Goad coming in from Rutherford next year and Micah Hart, another Edie Darby, coming in two years. Wilkins feeder programs have started to feed. They will not be rebuilding. They will be reloading the next five years. I think Greenfield takes a hit after next year. GC's route to the Boro might be easier in a couple of years.We will be a beast down low next year with Hart and Hunt at the same time. I imagine 2 or 3 freshman will step up and help the guards next year. 

• Like 1