Region 7-A

GCPioneer

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Have you seen them play or just speculation of years past?

BTW is a intimidating place no matter how good they are or not. The court is crazy with one end being at the doors and the other end wide open with two courts side by side. Metal detectors and visible law enforcement everywhere. I recommend whoever travels that your fan base take a charter bus. When the game is over do not celebrate but load up and go home! This is not a safe area to be in at night and their fans don’t take to losing very good.

3 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

BTW is a intimidating place no matter how good they are or not. The court is crazy with one end being at the doors and the other end wide open with two courts side by side. Metal detectors and visible law enforcement everywhere. I recommend whoever travels that your fan base take a charter bus. When the game is over do not celebrate but load up and go home! This is not a safe area to be in at night and their fans don’t take to losing very good.

What a shame a place like this would be allowed to host a game. If the visiting crowd has to fear for their life if they won the TSSAA should not allow it to happen. 

12 hours ago, Intense said:

We were the last standing private school in West Tn in D1.  We wanted to stay D1 but had no choice. Theres more than 6 or 7 teams but certainly not as many as the public schools.  Most of the time the top 4 to 6 teams in the private divisions are as good as the public’s in all sports.  We will most likely try to schedule Gibson Co, Greenfield, Crockett Co, etc next year.  Most likely, it won’t work out to be able to play all of them but that would be the goal.  You think Brentwood Academy is a weak D2 state champ?  I could go on and on.  There are some very weak D2 teams but if you saw our girls District this year you would say the same.  We had 4 girls teams that were pretty weak.  They would not have won a game in D2.  It goes both ways.  Main issue is that we don’t have a choice.  When we had the choice we stayed D1. There aren’t many Lexus’s at TCA by the way!  A lot of Ford F150’s and mini vans!  Hardworking middle income folks!  If you were to interview the families you would find that most came from small schools around West Tn and they moved to Jackson to work after college.  

Good Post! We had some classic football games with y'all over the years and will miss playing each other. Really wish that we played each other in basketball. Yea you will find the Mercedes and Lexus at USJ not TCA. My Aunt teaches at USJ so I would know. 

• Upvote 1

All you Region 7 folks come over to Bethel Monday night to see two great games. First at 6 is the rematch of last years region title game between Huntingdon and Summertown. Next the scary one for me lol, Loretto and McKenzie at 7:30. I feel McKenzie can play with Loretto if we get a great game from Lilly Bennett and shut down  Miss Basketball Finalist Weathers. IMO I think Huntingdon will beat Summertown because the Fillies will crash the boards and will not allow Summertown to shoot open threes. The Fillies must throw the ball inside to Swenson and let Kaci Fuller dictate how the flow of the game goes. Be sure you get there early to find a parking place. Don't park in the handicapped parking if you aren't disabled or you will end up on WBBJ. 

5 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

What a shame a place like this would be allowed to host a game. If the visiting crowd has to fear for their life if they won the TSSAA should not allow it to happen. 

With metal detectors and law enforcement every where I like my chances actually. We went to Memphis Hamilton last year and watched Hamilton and South Gibson Boys and it was same scenario. Hamilton was real deal and won the state.

3 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

All you Region 7 folks come over to Bethel Monday night to see two great games. First at 6 is the rematch of last years region title game between Huntingdon and Summertown. Next the scary one for me lol, Loretto and McKenzie at 7:30. I feel McKenzie can play with Loretto if we get a great game from Lilly Bennett and shut down  Miss Basketball Finalist Weathers. IMO I think Huntingdon will beat Summertown because the Fillies will crash the boards and will not allow Summertown to shoot open threes. The Fillies must throw the ball inside to Swenson and let Kaci Fuller dictate how the flow of the game goes. Be sure you get there early to find a parking place. Don't park in the handicapped parking if you aren't disabled or you will end up on WBBJ. 

I am coming tonight. I love the Bethel gym. Good luck to McKenzie and Huntingdon. Ought to be some good games. 

17 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I am coming tonight. I love the Bethel gym. Good luck to McKenzie and Huntingdon. Ought to be some good games. 

I have no idea why Weathers is  a Miss basketball candidate. She has only has one move and that is  dribbling behind her back and either scoring or driving to the basket. If she wins Miss Basketball that award is a joke. We basically put our best defender on her and made Loretto look for other scoring options. She only had like 3 threes two layups and a free throw. I was very impressed on how our girls played. We didn't give up and played our best game of the year. We didn't drive the basketball in the fourth quarter and it cost us. Huntingdon on the other hand should have won that basketball game. A costly turnover at the end led to game winning free throws. Coach Lowery for the fillies got out coached at the end. 

4 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I have no idea why Weathers is  a Miss basketball candidate. She has only has one move and that is  dribbling behind her back and either scoring or driving to the basket. If she wins Miss Basketball that award is a joke. We basically put our best defender on her and made Loretto look for other scoring options. She only had like 3 threes two layups and a free throw. I was very impressed on how our girls played. We didn't give up and played our best game of the year. We didn't drive the basketball in the fourth quarter and it cost us. Huntingdon on the other hand should have won that basketball game. A costly turnover at the end led to game winning free throws. Coach Lowery for the fillies got out coached at the end. 

There is no doubt that Weathers is a good player, but after watching TCA and Greenfield battle it out...If Chloe Moore doesn't get Miss Basketball in Single A, then the whole system is still rigged. I remember Heather Butler getting dissed and she was probably the best player from the area in recent memory. TCA's player was probably the 3rd best player on the court in the TCA/Greenfield matchup. 

5 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

There is no doubt that Weathers is a good player, but after watching TCA and Greenfield battle it out...If Chloe Moore doesn't get Miss Basketball in Single A, then the whole system is still rigged. I remember Heather Butler getting dissed and she was probably the best player from the area in recent memory. TCA's player was probably the 3rd best player on the court in the TCA/Greenfield matchup. 

She is a good player but not a great player. I have always been a fan of Chloe Moore. She should play at a SEC school in college. I know Weathers is a freshman but she has a lot to work on. Weathers wasn't flashy idk if it was the fact that we had one of the best defenders in our district on her or what. I have seen talk on by other posters and other threads that Loretto is so good and they are a great team. They are a good team but I don't see them winning the state tournament. They had a lot of defensive breakdowns and we were able to get wide open layups. Idk if they just played bad or what but I have no idea how they beat Summertown and I don't see them winning state.

9 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie played their heart out and was the more aggressive team for a while. Weathers is a good player but she is not a Chloe Moore right now. For a freshman, she definitely has game though no doubt. Huntingdon looked to be the better team of the four tonight. I thought they would have pressed more with Fuller out there and didn't know why number 45 sat most of the second half. Know she had three fouls but she was a beast in the first half. .