Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
tonybologna

Class AA Sectional Matchups

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, thenextone said:

3rd straight year Region 5AA sends 2 metro teams to state 

Is that good or bad? Lol I think Stratford and MLk could have beat those teams also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Is that good or bad? Lol I think Stratford and MLk could have beat those teams also

Maybe Region 5AA is just that good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, thenextone said:

Maybe Region 5AA is just that good?

 

20 hours ago, thenextone said:

Maybe Region 5AA is just that good?

Lol! District 4AA usually has two teams in the state tournament every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, thenextone said:

Maybe Region 5AA is just that good?

Maybe you mean District 10 of Region 5. Teams from District 9 rarely win games in the regional tournament. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, midtnmale said:

Maybe you mean District 10 of Region 5. Teams from District 9 rarely win games in the regional tournament. 

Region needs to be re-classified. Big disparity in enrollment between 9/10AA

White House - 894
Greenbrier - 814
Sycamore - 738
WH Heritage - 666
Cheatham - 637
Harpeth - 580
Westmoreland - 514

MLK - 1,210
E Nashville - 1,131
Maplewood - 1,016
Hume Fogg - 903
Pearl- 794 
Stratford - 716
Whites Creek - 713

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, midtnmale said:

Maybe you mean District 10 of Region 5. Teams from District 9 rarely win games in the regional tournament. 

Keep forgetting it's not football season now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jn2rons said:

Region needs to be re-classified. Big disparity in enrollment between 9/10AA

White House - 894
Greenbrier - 814
Sycamore - 738
WH Heritage - 666
Cheatham - 637
Harpeth - 580
Westmoreland - 514

MLK - 1,210
E Nashville - 1,131
Maplewood - 1,016
Hume Fogg - 903
Pearl- 794 
Stratford - 716
Whites Creek - 713

That is a decent size in disparity between the 2 Districts especially for MLK, East Nashville, & Maplewood. They all 3 are over 1,000 students. Not a single school from District 9AA has 1,000 student enrollment.  This definitely needs to be looked into by the TSSAA. I know classification enrollment in basketball is different than football but this is quite a difference between District 9AA & 10AA for basketball.  MLK from District 10AA has well over double the enrollment as Westmoreland from District 9AA. Geez! :eek:

Edited by tonybologna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where you got your enrollment numbers from but at least one appears to be off. According to TSSAA portal EN enrollment is 714 not 1131. Are the others off as well? I could see if it was slightly off but this is more than 400 students off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went ahead and looked up the numbers from TSSAA.

EN 714

PC 591

MW 742

WC 634

MLK 965

HF 905

Now should the region be reclassified? Are there other reasons it should be reclassified since enrollment is not an issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I went ahead and looked up the numbers from TSSAA.

EN 714

PC 591

MW 742

WC 634

MLK 965

HF 905

Now should the region be reclassified? Are there other reasons it should be reclassified since enrollment is not an issue? 

Have the districts/regions ever been arranged because of enrollment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...