Girl's Teams Headed to State Tournament

tonybologna

4 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Thanks. I wouldn't rule out Clarkrange either. 33-3 and a ton of tradition. 

If I’m not mistaken (which happens a lot). Isn’t Loretto like 30 something and 1 on the year. 1 loss is awfully impressive. Can’t believe no one seems to mention them as having a chance. Didn’t they beat Summertown once or twice this year??

26 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If I’m not mistaken (which happens a lot). Isn’t Loretto like 30 something and 1 on the year. 1 loss is awfully impressive. Can’t believe no one seems to mention them as having a chance. Didn’t they beat Summertown once or twice this year??

Loretto has a very good record, but they were played extremely close by some average teams. In their area, Loretto and Summertown are the top two. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a chance in the semi's and should have no problem with the 1st round game. They're lead by a freshman and I don't think she'll get them over the hump this year. She's a great player and is going to set records at Loretto, but I don't think she has enough fire power this year. 

7 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Loretto has a very good record, but they were played extremely close by some average teams. In their area, Loretto and Summertown are the top two. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a chance in the semi's and should have no problem with the 1st round game. They're lead by a freshman and I don't think she'll get them over the hump this year. She's a great player and is going to set records at Loretto, but I don't think she has enough fire power this year. 

What average teams played them close? Summertown beat them in a Christmas tourney but Loretto won the other 4 times they played and Summertown is the only team who played them close. And Loretto beat Rogers,AL by 11 and they just won the 4A state championship in Alabama on Friday. 

8 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Ok.  So, enlighten us.  Which average team played Loretto close?  

3 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Ok.  So, enlighten us.  Which average team played Loretto close?  

He can’t. Other than Summertown, Loretto’s closest district game was a 26 point win. And the teams that played them halfway close in Alabama all made it to their sectional finals at least so I wouldn’t consider them “average.”

11 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I'm not sure what your talking about.  They beat another state contender Summertown 4 out of 5 game.  They also beat the 4 A state champ of Alabama.  There were other very good teams they played that they beat and some were close game because they were good teams with very good winning records.   I think Greenfield or Clarkrange will be the top picks, but Loretto can play with anyone.  Good thing is they bring everyone back next year and we'll get our 2nd leading scorer back from her knee surgery.

1 minute ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Sounds like Loretto should be the favorite to me. Honestly, I can’t wait to see them play. I was going to Bethel to watch but didn’t get to go. Let’s call them the favorite, I’m good with that

No one called Loretto the favorite.  I just called out a very uneducated post by superfan.

Greenfield is the favorite.  Hopefully, they will beat Clarkrange... then we can see them play Loretto.

• Like 1

Sorry, been off the computer for a while. Loretto and Summertown were the only 2 teams with "better" than 500 records in their district. The next closest is like 10-19 or something like that. 1Mustang...McKenzie and Huntingdon aren't powerhouses and I was referring to those 2 teams..this year.  

GreenfieldFan....they are not the favorite to win. They should win the 1st round, and will then play with either Greenfield/Clarkrange for a half. You're just being nice about being the favorite. 

Just an honest observation. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Sounds like Loretto (30-1) should be the favorite to me. Honestly, I can’t wait to see them play. I was going to Bethel to watch but didn’t get to go. Let’s call them the favorite, I’m good with that

Just because Loretto has a 30-1 record doesn't make them the favorite. It's a very good record but it also depends on strength of schedule & if they played tough competition to get that 30-1 record. I know they played some solid teams including Summertown but to me I don't see them as the favorite. Greenfield is the favorite in my opinion but they could also lose to Clarkrange in the opening round too. 

7 hours ago, mas1821 said:

No one called Loretto the favorite.  I just called out a very uneducated post by superfan.

Greenfield is the favorite.  Hopefully, they will beat Clarkrange... then we can see them play Loretto.

I think you're right. Greenfield would be the favorite but not by a landslide by any means for this season. If they beat Clarkrange then it will likely be Loretto next so they have a very tough road to the Championship Game.

19 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Sorry, been off the computer for a while. Loretto and Summertown were the only 2 teams with "better" than 500 records in their district. The next closest is like 10-19 or something like that. 1Mustang...McKenzie and Huntingdon aren't powerhouses and I was referring to those 2 teams..this year.  

GreenfieldFan....they are not the favorite to win. They should win the 1st round, and will then play with either Greenfield/Clarkrange for a half. You're just being nice about being the favorite. 

Just an honest observation. 

Still didn’t answer the question. What “average” team played them close? You know nothing about the teams they played from Alabama and can’t point to an average team that played them close. We play who we had to in the region. And if I remember correctly, Gibson Co beat Huntington by 5 during the year  

Greenfield or Clarkrange are the favorites but to get on here and yap about things you know nothing about like your comment, is hilarious and insulting to the ladies at Loretto. Like someone said earlier, they beat last year’s runner up 4 out of 5 times they played this year. And with a roster that has one senior, Loretto will be a fixture in this thing for the next few years.