Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I expect you are right. I am expecting the AD at Westview to call us wanting to play next year. It sure would have been fun playing Westview the last three years. Well, Its been a fun three years. 

I know I'm beating a "dead horse" on here about your statement about WV reaching out to play a powerhouse like Greenfield next year or their current AD reaching out, but you do realize that that Greenfield & WV has only played 5 games in the last 20 years......I'd actually say that it's been a fun 4 years watching your girls play ball. Enjoy this ride, that's a special group. But in my normal mode of honesty, your misconception about Westview dodging Greenfield for some reason is a lot closer to your zip code than the Martin zip code. I've heard that from multiple coaches in and around our district and I believe them. Believe me, we've asked the same question as well. 

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I expect you are right. I am expecting the AD at Westview to call us wanting to play next year. It sure would have been fun playing Westview the last three years. Well, Its been a fun three years. 

2 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I would decline

I agree, You couldn’t make me play Westview now.  The last 3 years would have filled the UTM gym with local fans if we had played.  It would have been good for both communities. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I have a strange feeling that the AD doesn't schedule their non-district games...just a guess. lol

He doesn't. The head coach does but just let GreenfieldFan think what he wants ha! I'm sure if you asked both teams' coaches that the answer of Westview not wanting to play them would be the answer of why

On 2/11/2020 at 11:13 AM, pioneer42 said:

I am very glad that GC plays Greenfield and Westview every year. Two games that I enjoy watching. Will be very enjoyable the next few years watching Micah Hart, Jada Harrison and Edie Darby go at it.

I am ready to see this. I am a huge Edie Darby and Micah Hart fan! People can rant and rave about Chloe and Tess all they want to, but this team is not the same if #23 isnt on it.

34 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I am ready to see this. I am a huge Edie Darby and Micah Hart fan! People can rant and rave about Chloe and Tess all they want to, but this team is not the same if #23 isnt on it.

She is a great talent no doubt Her Jr. and Sr. year she will have a ton of pressure losing a ton of talent Micah and Jada will have more talent on paper and reason I say that is because GC and Westview will have great post play that will take some pressure off of them. Greenfield will have some pretty good guards but they will not be strong in the post. She is a great talent no doubt. Her motor is in overdrive all the time.

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

You are exactly right, she would be the star player on any other team. Edie will be a Miss Basketball Nominee next year. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 11:13 AM, pioneer42 said:

I am very glad that GC plays Greenfield and Westview every year. Two games that I enjoy watching. Will be very enjoyable the next few years watching Micah Hart, Jada Harrison and Edie Darby go at it.

Jada Harrison had 26 tonight and is definitely starting to get in the groove and get the feel of high school ball. She is going to be fun to watch the next three years!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Jada Harrison had 26 tonight and is definitely starting to get in the groove and get the feel of high school ball. She is going to be fun to watch the next three years!

She is the real deal. We played them this summer at UTM and she put on a show. We know all about her. Losing Callins hurt Westview. She is a big time player. Now they have her back and things have been going well. Think Westview has a good shot to win the Gold Ball this year. They have a lot of experience up there. I believe Westview or Macon County will win it all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

I listened to your local coaches show on 101.3 this morning and I heard something that was interesting from WV's coach and always wondered why WV don't have bigger margins in a lot of their games, when it's obvious they could run it up if they wanted to....he basically said that he doesn't like getting ahead over 35 in a game due to the running clock. I was thinking....the fans get their money's worth and he gets to get the young girls on the court for longer periods of time. He said Callins got in foul trouble early last night, and he didn't want to put her back in up 30 and her catch an unnecessary injury. I watched WV and Dyersburg in Dyersburg the other night and it appears that WV is clicking on all cylinders now and had control of that game from start to finish. It's wild to see how they do this year in and year out and the WV Freshmen is probably one of the best players that I've seen in the last several years for her grade level. Good luck to our AA neighbors to the North. Hope you guys have a deep run! 

Edited by SuperFan14A
context
  • Like 1