Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

9 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Westview is a completely different team with her on the court. The best thing about her being out was the experience gained by the others, but with her, Yancy, and Harrison on the court together and being able to handle the ball..they're a very athletic and dyanmic trio. I also hear the big girl has come on the last 2 or 3 weeks as well and is playing "older" now. WV should be very tough the rest of the way in. I believe if Callins would've remained healthy all year, WV could very well be undefeated at this point. Someone said that Crockett only scored 4 points in the 2nd half of their game last night and it's evident that when WV has their defense on, it can be frustrating but 4 points????  Glad we got you early in the season....lol

Agree with this 100%... Callins is a game changer... they’re capable of beating anyone in the state with their size, skilled players, athleticism, and shooters... I would say the most balanced AA team in the state.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Agree with this 100%... Callins is a game changer... they’re capable of beating anyone in the state with their size, skilled players, athleticism, and shooters... I would say the most balanced AA team in the state.

Since we're playing Madison Academic, I may go watch WV @ Dyersburg on Tuesday night. According to my Martin people, WV has switched to their District defense and they're only giving up 28 pts a game over the last 8 games. I like Dyersburg's gym too. 

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

7 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Since we're playing Madison Academic, I may go watch WV @ Dyersburg on Tuesday night. According to my Martin people, WV has switched to their District defense and they're only giving up 28 pts a game over the last 8 games. I like Dyersburg's gym too. 

Ok, Westview won the first matchup in a close game. What is tiebreaker if Dyersburg wins.? Is it point differential? Think that is tiebreaker in our district.

3 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Westview is a completely different team with her on the court. The best thing about her being out was the experience gained by the others, but with her, Yancy, and Harrison on the court together and being able to handle the ball..they're a very athletic and dyanmic trio. I also hear the big girl has come on the last 2 or 3 weeks as well and is playing "older" now. WV should be very tough the rest of the way in. I believe if Callins would've remained healthy all year, WV could very well be undefeated at this point. Someone said that Crockett only scored 4 points in the 2nd half of their game last night and it's evident that when WV has their defense on, it can be frustrating but 4 points????  Glad we got you early in the season....lol

I actually believe it was only 3 because I’m pretty sure they had 20 at the half. Westview is clicking on all cylinders at the right time. Harrison is getting in the rhythm of the high school game, Callins is back and doesn’t look out of shape or like she has skipped a beat like I thought she might, Yancey is still quick and handling the ball well, and the 4 and 5 spots are looking more confident and providing the extra help when needed. I will be interested to see how it goes Tuesday night against a tough Dyersburg team on their home court. Should be a good test for them!

20 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Enjoy it while you can...this will be the last year that’s true for a lonnnnng time

I've been back & forth on this one this season. The first 16-17 games, I didn't believe WV could go with Greenfield this year, and know they couldn't without Callins, especially after we beat WV in the Showcase classic. The last 7-8 games, I think it's a toss up now. I don't know how well Greenfield or us could handle WV's defense at this point in the season. I wouldn't want to face them at this point in the season. I've said it over the last 7-8 years...if you're going to get WV, get them early in the season before they change the way they play. Everyone that knows basketball, knows that Haskins holds the team up until it starts to count and it obviously works. Hopefully, everyone will stay healthy in our NW area and we'll have some reps in the Boro. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I've been back & forth on this one this season. The first 16-17 games, I didn't believe WV could go with Greenfield this year, and know they couldn't without Callins, especially after we beat WV in the Showcase classic. The last 7-8 games, I think it's a toss up now. I don't know how well Greenfield or us could handle WV's defense at this point in the season. I wouldn't want to face them at this point in the season. I've said it over the last 7-8 years...if you're going to get WV, get them early in the season before they change the way they play. Everyone that knows basketball, knows that Haskins holds the team up until it starts to count and it obviously works. Hopefully, everyone will stay healthy in our NW area and we'll have some reps in the Boro. 

Westview would be tough to handle right now. I was actually shocked we beat them to tell you the truth. We got into a half court contest and they were missing a lot of shots and we weren’t. Still think Greenfield is better than them at this point. But it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they won it all and I say this every year but they are always super talented.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview would be tough to handle right now. I was actually shocked we beat them to tell you the truth. We got into a half court contest and they were missing a lot of shots and we weren’t. Still think Greenfield is better than them at this point. But it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they won it all and I say this every year but they are always super talented.

I thought that was probably the best "all around" game we played all year and we needed that win. It didn't hurt that they were only in their 2nd game without Callins and their true freshman was in her 5th or 6th game either, but anytime you can go in to that gym and win...it's a good win. Somone said they're only losing 2 or 3 seniors, so I guess they'll be decent for a few more years. lol

2 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I thought that was probably the best "all around" game we played all year and we needed that win. It didn't hurt that they were only in their 2nd game without Callins and their true freshman was in her 5th or 6th game either, but anytime you can go in to that gym and win...it's a good win. Somone said they're only losing 2 or 3 seniors, so I guess they'll be decent for a few more years. lol

Losing Callins and Yancy I am pretty sure. Hunt had 22 in that game and Hart had several as well. Got a feeling Hunt is going to get more opportunities in the tournaments and have more open looks.

• Like 1