Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

45 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

... or maybe they're the superior AA program in West TN. I would put Jackson South Side, Covington, McNairy Central, a good Chester County team, Dyersburg, Crockett County.... a lot of those teams are as good as your Middle and East TN teams. I see teams all over the state.... trust me, there's no dominant region of the state, compared to others, in that classification. Each region of the state has a few good programs, and the rest of the teams are fighting to keep up with those few good programs.

Livingston Academy, McMinn Central and South Green are not the powerhouses this year that they have been in the past. Livingston and McMinn have been down 2 or 3 years right? Gatlinburg-Pittman is down too right? Jackson County is way down too in Single A.

53 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Livingston Academy, McMinn Central and South Green are not the powerhouses this year that they have been in the past. Livingston and McMinn have been down 2 or 3 years right? Gatlinburg-Pittman is down too right? Jackson County is way down too in Single A.

IMO Grainger, Meigs, and Northview are the best teams in the East in 2A, and are capable of beating anyone in 2A, it all depends on matchups. McMinn is way down this year, South Greene is a little down but they are still a good 2A team, and will be better by tournament time.

10 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

IMO Grainger, Meigs, and Northview are the best teams in the East in 2A, and are capable of beating anyone in 2A, it all depends on matchups. McMinn is way down this year, South Greene is a little down but they are still a good 2A team, and will be better by tournament time.

Livingston Academy went down didn’t they?They used to be the real deal for years. We have had several run ins with them when we were AA. Them and Jackson County both have struggled the last couple of years.

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Sullivan Central is the real deal this year - I wouldn't overlook them.  They have the big post plus players on the outside that can shoot the 3.

57 minutes ago, Greenecounty said:

Sullivan Central is the real deal this year - I wouldn't overlook them.  They have the big post plus players on the outside that can shoot the 3.

I saw them play Meigs at Heritage, Meigs won by 20+ but yes they have some good players, SC, South Greene, Greeneville, Alcoa and Gatlinburg-Pittman are all good teams, and could sneak up and beat you, just like Greeneville did Grainger. But IMO the three best teams are Meigs, Grainger and Northview, with Grainger and Northview having a good chance of making it to state, but Meigs will have a tougher time because they will more than likely have to beat Upperman or Macon to get there. 

42 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Right now Dyersburg is the team to beat in AA in west Tennessee. Westview will be better by tournament time but No doubt dyersburg is the best team right now. 

I agree. They played you guys tough. I was impressed at how they handled your pressure. If they play like they did yesterday, they will be in glass house.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, Dadof2 said:

I saw them play Meigs at Heritage, Meigs won by 20+ but yes they have some good players, SC, South Greene, Greeneville, Alcoa and Gatlinburg-Pittman are all good teams, and could sneak up and beat you, just like Greeneville did Grainger. But IMO the three best teams are Meigs, Grainger and Northview, with Grainger and Northview having a good chance of making it to state, but Meigs will have a tougher time because they will more than likely have to beat Upperman or Macon to get there. 

This is pretty accurate. I’d actually say Northview, Meigs, and Sullivan Central are the top 3 in the East right now in that area followed by Alcoa, Grainger, and South Greene. Greenevillle is young but could definitely make a run post season too. It should be interesting with no stand alone top team from this area. 

Well AA in West TN looks very wide open. Time to reassess our contenders again:

Westview- Still a very good basketball team, BUT they have a serious issue right now and that's shooting the basketball. They need Callins back in a hurry. All bets off on them against Dyersburg now.

Covington- I saw Fayette-Ware's girls, and I honestly think they are gonna give the Lady Chargers a good game. If they can stay injury free, they should cruise the rest of the way into the region championship.

Dyersburg- They need to strike while Westview is finding themselves. Big game Friday at home against Crockett County.

McNairy- Yes, the record is good, but I'm not seeing much meat on the schedule. Two losses to Dyersburg by a total of four points isn't bad at all. Still have to play South Side.

South Side- Very young, inconsistent, and talented basketball team. Some days they will look great, other days they will have you wondering what are they doing out there. Game with McNairy on the horizon.