3 - Martin Westview HS

4 - Sullivan Central HS

5 - Upperman HS

6 - Northview Academy

7 - Grainger HS

8 - Forrest HS

9 - Covington HS

10 - East Nashville HS

What’s everyone’s thoughts on some of the rankings that’s came out? I would probably have Westmoreland at 1 just because they beat Macon and Upperman, and I would take Sullivan Central out, they have played a weak schedule, and I watched them play Meigs and Meigs won easily, but other then that that’s probably pretty close at this point.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Division I-AA

1 - Macon County HS

2 - Westmoreland HS

3 - Martin Westview HS

4 - Sullivan Central HS

5 - Upperman HS

6 - Northview Academy

7 - Grainger HS

8 - Forrest HS

9 - Covington HS

10 - East Nashville HS

What’s everyone’s thoughts on some of the rankings that’s came out? I would probably have Westmoreland at 1 just because they beat Macon and Upperman, and I would take Sullivan Central out, they have played a weak schedule, and I watched them play Meigs and Meigs won easily, but other then that that’s probably pretty close at this point.

I think Dyersburg is a sleeper in Region 7. Covington should be a little higher IMO

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Division I-AA

1 - Macon County HS

2 - Westmoreland HS

3 - Martin Westview HS

4 - Sullivan Central HS

5 - Upperman HS

6 - Northview Academy

7 - Grainger HS

8 - Forrest HS

9 - Covington HS

10 - East Nashville HS

Westmoreland does have a gripe at #2. To beat Macon have to have length and quickness and depth to absorb fouls in other words contain the driving senior and the shootin junior. Westy plays very good D. If you have no size and no depth or quickness you  in trouble!

On 12/27/2019 at 9:49 PM, Timeslowdownplease said:

Loretto beats a very athletic Hillsboro by 30.  Best first half of the year!

Loretto is single A;every yr we hear out of west Tenn homers, Martin Westview, and they lay an egg at state ,tells me they have the easiest path and Mid Tn and E Tenn is where the best AA ball is. 

2 hours ago, repoman said:

Loretto is single A;every yr we hear out of west Tenn homers, Martin Westview, and they lay an egg at state ,tells me they have the easiest path and Mid Tn and E Tenn is where the best AA ball is. 

Westview got hit with injury when their PG went down spring of 2018 I believe. I was there when it happend and actually they played better than I thought with her hurt. She was a really great player and the knee injury was tough on her. They have another great freshman PG this year and they have suffered another injury that has slowed them down this year. They are a great program as is the Middle and East TN programs.

6 hours ago, repoman said:

Laid an egg...?? They played in the state championship last year.... I’ve seen all of the good AA teams in the state, and the only REALLY good AA teams out there are Westview, Macon Co., and I would say Upperman is close... exactly what team(s) in East TN are you referring to?

Edited by GCPioneer

9 hours ago, repoman said:

Haha! Lay an egg?! They were the runner-up last year and would have won it the year before that if their point guard didn’t tear her ACL their first game of state!

5 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Tell me what teams in Middle and East TN, outside of Macon County, that may be better than Westview....

one time game ,Westmoreland.  What I am sayin is every year Westview makes state,then all we hear all year long is how good they are,then they get put out in first or second round (last yr they make finals) this tells me since they make it every year, then they don't look all that great is they must have an easier path to state in AA than alot of mid tenn regions which are definitely tougher .

Just now, repoman said:

one time game ,Westmoreland.  What I am sayin is every year Westview makes state,then all we hear all year long is how good they are,then they get put out in first or second round (last yr they make finals) this tells me since they make it every year, then they don't look all that great is they must have an easier path to state in AA than alot of mid tenn regions which are definitely tougher .

... or maybe they're the superior AA program in West TN. I would put Jackson South Side, Covington, McNairy Central, a good Chester County team, Dyersburg, Crockett County.... a lot of those teams are as good as your Middle and East TN teams. I see teams all over the state.... trust me, there's no dominant region of the state, compared to others, in that classification. Each region of the state has a few good programs, and the rest of the teams are fighting to keep up with those few good programs.