Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

On 11/20/2019 at 7:07 AM, Dadof2 said:

Like most of the fans said last night, it won’t get any better if the coaching doesn’t get better, it’s really bad. Meigs has 3 really good players and 5 that are good players and are pretty equal, if someone or something isn’t working, or someone is struggling, as a coach you have to be able to make a change. Until that happens. Meigs will beat up the bad teams and lose to the good teams.

I just mentioned this another thread, but honestly, this could be a unwanted but good loss.  Meigs will win many games this year, and of what I've seen can play.  I imagine the girls were tight coming out because there is so much of an high expectation for this group.  I know they will regroup and be a tough out the rest of the season.  This loss could make them hungry.

44 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I just mentioned this another thread, but honestly, this could be a unwanted but good loss.  Meigs will win many games this year, and of what I've seen can play.  I imagine the girls were tight coming out because there is so much of an high expectation for this group.  I know they will regroup and be a tough out the rest of the season.  This loss could make them hungry.

I agree, but as I said in the other post. Meigs has 3 really good players and 5 good players that all have an argument to start. All preseason they played really good and beat some good teams, and played a 8 man rotation, in the first regular season game he played pretty much 5 players. And some of those players were struggling. To be a good coach you have to be able to make changes and he really struggles at this. But has a Meigs fan we talk about it every year, and it never changes.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree, but as I said in the other post. Meigs has 3 really good players and 5 good players that all have an argument to start. All preseason they played really good and beat some good teams, and played a 8 man rotation, in the first regular season game he played pretty much 5 players. And some of those players were struggling. To be a good coach you have to be able to make changes and he really struggles at this. But has a Meigs fan we talk about it every year, and it never changes.

A coaching change will come, but look for the assistant to take over when it happens. She was at the middle school level prior to her now being at the high school. Look for her to be the head coach once the job becomes available. The current head coach, will have the job until he gives it up though. 

30 minutes ago, Layitdown said:

A coaching change will come, but look for the assistant to take over when it happens. She was at the middle school level prior to her now being at the high school. Look for her to be the head coach once the job becomes available. The current head coach, will have the job until he gives it up though. 

I totally agree, I think it will happen in 2 years, and I think she will do a good job, they have a few good underclassmen and a good 8th grade group coming in.

8 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

who is "we"? 

i dont talk abt it with the ppl i always sit with at games. most everyone i kno likes our coach. he wins. you are in the miniority. i love ur updates but take a deep breath. it was the first game. our girls will be fine.

5 hours ago, Layitdown said:

how do u kno. you have not posted in 7 yrs an ddecide to post this

24 minutes ago, BBG1 said:

who is "we"? 

i dont talk abt it with the ppl i always sit with at games. most everyone i kno likes our coach. he wins. you are in the miniority. i love ur updates but take a deep breath. it was the first game. our girls will be fine.

I promise I am not, it’s talked about all the time, but I will leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I think Grainger and Meigs are outside the top 5. Meigs led for most of the game, but they were dead in the 4th quarter. Meigs is just poorly coached.

I've seen Grainger play last year. They are scary just watching them in warm ups. It did not surprise me that they went to State.  Top 5s and Top 10s change, just like the weather.

This thread is for predictions. Grainger will be there at the end of the season.