Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

26 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Arlington I would pick to beat Greenfield. I wished Greenfield would play GC’s AA and AAA schedule. It would be entertaining.

Oh my here we go again.  Would it make you feel better if I said I wish we played Arlington too. But I really want to play Westview this year. I’m sure you think Westview would beat us too. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

26 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Arlington I would pick to beat Greenfield. I wished Greenfield would play GC’s AA and AAA schedule. It would be entertaining.

It is rather amusing how you have to directly or indirectly make negative comments about greenfield in majority of your post. After greenfield beat Gc by 25 or 30 points earlier in the year I think I would be a little less vocal   And also to bring last year is the most comical past. This post is about 2019/2020 season. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Don’t go there, but you just can’t help it. You talk down Greenfield in every post you make and I know you are a nice guy. It makes you look like there’s some bad blood with Greenfield. 

Arlington beat us by 1 pt last year and was better last year than this year. Greenfields team this year is 20 pts better than last years Greenfield team. We played just as tough of schedule as GC last year and I wish we did this year but it is what it is. 

I think Arlington is better than Covington, Dyersburg, Westview and South Side. Greenfield is the best Single A team around right now. But I am not going to say they are best team in the state. 

1 hour ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

It is rather amusing how you have to directly or indirectly make negative comments about greenfield in majority of your post. After greenfield beat Gc by 25 or 30 points earlier in the year I think I would be a little less vocal   And also to bring last year is the most comical past. This post is about 2019/2020 season. 

I give Greenfield a lot of love. They are the best Single A team in the state right now. But I am not going to crown them the best team in the state in all classes.

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I give Greenfield a lot of love. They are the best Single A team in the state right now. But I am not going to crown them the best team in the state in all classes.

No one expects you to say anything good about greenfield but now it’s getting almost comical. Greenfield has 200 students. One of the smallest enrollments in the state and you can’t give us any credit. This won’t happen again for many years please let us enjoy it. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I think Arlington is better than Covington, Dyersburg, Westview and South Side. Greenfield is the best Single A team around right now. But I am not going to say they are best team in the state. 

Greenfield 77 - Chester county 43

Arlington 57 - Gibson County 50

i know what you are thinking we don’t play anybody.  It may hurt us come tournament time but we will see. Loretto would beat Arlington. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

31 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 77 - AA Chester county 43

i know what you are thinking we don’t play anybody.  It may hurt us come tournament time but we will see. 

31 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 77 - AA Chester county 43

i know what you are thinking we don’t play anybody.  It may hurt us come tournament time but we will see. 

I started a thread saying Arlington may be our toughest test yet. If it offended Greenfield, I apologize. It wasn’t intentional. We played them and played around them all summer. I sincerely apologize because it wasn’t intentional. 

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

No one expects you to say anything good about greenfield but now it’s getting almost comical. Greenfield has 200 students. One of the smallest enrollments in the state and you can’t give us any credit. This won’t happen again for many years please let us enjoy it. 

Arlington was missing their 6’3 best player tonight committed to St. Francis in PA. We played a lot faster and more team ball tonight but still have to handle pressure better. We cut it to a 1 possession game two different times late but couldn’t get over the hump. They will be in Murfreesboro especially when they get their post back who will be back real soon. I think Greenfield would have beat them tonight without their post and may beat beat them with their post. They are good but I don’t know if they are good as I thought. They ripped through a lot of good teams all summer long. 

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my here we go again.  Would it make you feel better if I said I wish we played Arlington too. But I really want to play Westview this year. I’m sure you think Westview would beat us too. 

I didn’t say you would lose to Westview. I believe yow would beat Westview. Yow are playing a big time team in Dyersburg next week in Jonesboro. I honestly didn’t mean the post to take a shot at Greenfield. Arlington is a good AAA team. 

The kid that Arlington was missing tonight was guard Christina Nichols. The only 6’3 kid they got was out there playing. Arlington is a very good team. I feel like our kids took a step forward in the right direction tonight, just have to keep it going.

As far as the rest of this conversation goes, I’ve seen nearly all of the top teams in the state and Greenfield is in the top 5 team regardless of classification. They can score the ball as well as anybody and that press will wear a team down over the course of a game. Not many teams have a Tennessee, along with one of the best point guards in the state, along with Edie Darby, along with other very good roll players...

• Like 1