Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

1 hour ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

It’s a disgrace to women’s basketball the way Huntingdon played the in the championship.  Weathers hitting the floor at least 10 times.  Knocking her mask off at least 2 times on purpose.  Son watched dad do it in the championship and thought he would beat the girl down.  Sad night!

Hey, I just want to say welcome to this thing called the playoffs. Last time I checked, we're now in March, correct? The possessions are limited, the physicality of the game will increase, there's more to play for. I'll recommend watching hockey. Go watch hockey now, then watch playoff hockey, it's two different things. And I love it. I'm sure you'll love it, too.

6 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Gibson County D was not egregious against her last year by any means. They played tenacious defense, great team ball.

Huntingdon's was (especially 2nd and 3rd quarters) this year.  She was smacked in the face multiple times, held to the extent that pass interference would have been called had it been football, and literally shoved to the ground.

MrMiyagi is a joke.  I'll be at every Loretto game from here on out.  Message me beforehand and I'll gladly describe myself to you and invite you to come chat with me about that disrespectful mouth of yours.

I blame it on the refs for letting the girls play that physical. I assure you that Coach Wilkins or his son don’t teach that. 22 is the one that guarded her I bet and I wasn’t there, but she played physical against Summertown but I didn’t see a bad called game and I am a nuetral party. But I wasn’t there for the Loretto game. Sounds like it was just a bad group of refs that let the game get out of hand. I see both parties on here a lot and neither seem to gripe about the refs a whole lot so it must have gotten bad. Good luck to both teams moving forward. If y’all meet again it won’t be until finals.

mas1821

I probably won’t be at another Loretto game but if i were to be there would be no chatting. Snowflakes chat, men do not.

Again I saw the Huntingdon game live and watched the video. There were fouls not called both ways just like every single basketball game on earth. Loretto grabbed, hand checked, pushed just as Huntingdon did. If you weren’t a homer you would concede this. If it was so bad why would your head coach let it go and not put a ‘head hunter’ in the game to fight back. Either your coach has no spine, the refs were from Huntingdon, or you are just plain wrong.

I will go with you are wrong.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I blame it on the refs for letting the girls play that physical. I assure you that Coach Wilkins or his son don’t teach that. 22 is the one that guarded her I bet and I wasn’t there, but she played physical against Summertown but I didn’t see a bad called game and I am a nuetral party. But I wasn’t there for the Loretto game. Sounds like it was just a bad group of refs that let the game get out of hand. I see both parties on here a lot and neither seem to gripe about the refs a whole lot so it must have gotten bad. Good luck to both teams moving forward. If y’all meet again it won’t be until finals.

Different refs in the final game..  22 and 24 guarded Karly.  22 is great.  She played a Lot of great, clean, pressure D in both games. She did; however, get away with holding quite a bit (I have a few pictures showing that, but it wont let me insert them on this board).  She got away with a shove in the back (ref nearest was looking the opp direction), and 2 blows to the face (I'm sure they were inadvertent while going for the ball, but still a foul) that knocked her mask off and nothing was called.  She had one foul all game called on her against Karly.

I could email examples.  And I'd love to see someone post a high quality video.

But like I said.  None of this is a negative on Huntingdon imo. They executed a gameplan, were rough, but I'm not one to say there was malicious intent.  I didnt see that!  They tried to take Karly out of her game (she still scored probably 15 or so), but it just motivated her on defense (she had 4 or 5 blocks and multiple steals).  And it left everyone else open.  10 stepped up big, And our bigs played good, not to mention a few other good showings from our role players....

Had we shot 35% from 3, it would have been a 25-30 pt game.

Edited by mas1821

2 minutes ago, TENNTOWN said:

I have never seen the arrogance and rudeness as I’ve seen lately on Coacht posts. Man I’m neutral too. I think I’m gonna hang this little charade up until after season. You guys all have a big weekend and we’ll see who’s still around come Monday.

Sorry to hear that TENNTOWN.

I have no problem with you or anyone else but claiming the way Huntingdon plays/played is a disgrace to women’s basketball and that GC rough housed their way to a championship is ridiculous. 

Good Luck Monday 

6 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

mas1821

I probably won’t be at another Loretto game but if i were to be there would be no chatting. Snowflakes chat, men do not.

Again I saw the Huntingdon game live and watched the video. There were fouls not called both ways just like every single basketball game on earth. Loretto grabbed, hand checked, pushed just as Huntingdon did. If you weren’t a homer you would concede this. If it was so bad why would your head coach let it go and not put a ‘head hunter’ in the game to fight back. Either your coach has no spine, the refs were from Huntingdon, or you are just plain wrong.

Coach got T'd up the 3rd time Karly's facemask was knocked off with no call..

Our girls don't do the headhunter thing, they play with class.

Men don't call people names on a message board.  

I'm happy to see you attempt to prove your manhood since men don't converse.  I'm an open book bud.  I met Pioneer42 last week, he can point you in my direction if ever you feel froggy..  :thumb:

mas1821 

Everyone could screen photos and post the ones that favored their team. 

The only one I care to see is the one where the girl’s mask was knocked off. 
You will not find that one because it doesn’t exist. There were a few times that Huntingdon players were inadvertently hit in the face/head and if they would have had a mask on then it would have needed adjusting. To say the Loretto player’s mask was knocked off multiple times is simply not true. 

19 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Coach got T'd up the 3rd time Karly's facemask was knocked off with no call..

Our girls don't do the headhunter thing, they play with class.

Men don't call people names on a message board.  

I'm happy to see you attempt to prove your manhood since men don't converse.  I'm an open book bud.  I met Pioneer42 last week, he can point you in my direction if ever you feel froggy..  :thumb:

Tickle fight! So no one gets their mask knocked off....

Edited by Waker

4 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Different refs in the final game..  22 and 11 guarded Karly.  22 is great.  She played a Lot of great, clean, pressure D in both games. She did; however, get away with holding quite a bit (I have a few pictures showing that, but it wont let me insert them on this board).  She got away with a shove in the back (ref nearest was looking the opp direction), and 2 blows to the face (I'm sure they were inadvertent while going for the ball, but still a foul) that knocked her mask off and nothing was called.  She had one foul all game called on her against Karly.

I could email examples.  And I'd love to see someone post a high quality video.

But like I said.  None of this is a negative on Huntingdon imo. They executed a gameplan, were rough, but I'm not one to say there was malicious intent.  I didnt see that!  They tried to take Karly out of her game (she still scored probably 15 or so), but it just motivated her on defense (she had 4 or 5 blocks and multiple steals).  And it left everyone else open.  Our bigs played good....

Had we shot 35% from 3, it would have been a 25-30 pt game.

The faceguarding and box in one’s a lot of times backfires especially if you have other players on the team that attacks the rim. Loretto has more weapons than her for sure. They just have to be ready to step up because they are going to guard Karly. I don’t think you will see it get physical at state. They called two intentional fouls in the championship game last year. Ref told me they are taught to call fouls if it is a foul at state.  West TN officials have not done any favors by letting these girls play because they won’t in Murfreesboro.

1 hour ago, MrMiyagi said:

mas1821

It’s called class. Something we’ve learned that Huntington knows little about over the last week. Last Saturday at the boys game, the Huntington boys yapped at officials, threw elbows the entire game and motioned to and talked crap to the crowd. One kid in particular. Well, they did until they loaded up that 26 point butt whipping and packed their stuff up for the offseason. 
During the girls game the other night, Huntington fans said stuff to our players AND our coach that should’ve gotten then ejected. Even worse, they singled out a member of Loretto’s boys team who had some really bad health issue earlier this season and the last couple of years. When you go so far as to make fun of a kid by acting as though you are having seizures in the crowd and making fun of a kid who has had multiple brain related surgeries, you deserve to not only be ejected but to be throat punched repeatedly. You can say what you want but we heard it. The kids mom did too. And now you essentially get on here threatening someone? You need to step back before all the things that did actually happen on and off the court come out. They did try to rip the mask off of Karly on more than one occasion but she’s a competitor and I’m sure it didn’t bother her like it did everyone else from Loretto and everywhere else that saw it happen. Maybe you’re the homer in this since I talked to people from multiple schools who agree with the Loretto viewpoint. But this is like politics. You saw it your way and we saw and heard something else so we can quit discussing it. Maybe we’ll play you guys again but it’s for now it’s over. Good luck the rest of the way. 

Edited by 1MustangFan
Spelling

4 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

It’s called class. Something we’ve learned that Huntington knows little about over the last week. Last Saturday at the boys game, the Huntington boys yapped at officials, threw elbows the entire game and motioned to and talked crap to the crowd. One kid in particular. Well, they did until they loaded up that 26 point butt whipping and packed their stuff up for the offseason. 
During the girls game the other night, Huntington fans said stuff to our players AND our coach that should’ve gotten then ejected. Even worse, they singled out a member of Loretto’s boys team who had some really bad health issue earlier this season and the last couple of years. When you go so far as to make fun of a kid by acting as though you are having seizures in the crowd and making fun of a kid who has had multiple brain related surgeries, you deserve to not only be ejected but to be throat punched repeatedly. You can say what you want but we heard it. The kids mom did too. 

Wow..  was unaware of this.