Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

KF28 you sound like you were at the BHS vs SD scrimmage. I know SD is loaded, but is BHS football gone down that much. Did not BHS beat SD regular season last year?

Bearden did beat SD last year. SD had two kids tear ACLs in that game however who were both starters. Bearden's oline is very big but are all new starters and just cannot block a pass rush. I remember one play our defensive end got to the quarterback before he could even get to his first read. Oline play was awful by Bearden. Candela did not play and that would have definitely helped. Candela and Ironside are Bearden's saving grace. By looking at their schedule I don't see them winning more than 5 games unless they can figure out a lot of things. Elijah Young took the ball 85 yards to the house against them the first play of the game and broke maybe 6 tackles on his way doing so. SD is loaded with good talent but Bearden is going to be in a rebuilding year. Just did not look good defensively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

HTV I know you didn’t mean anything, although my stance on Powell still stands. Not that others aren’t doing what they are, but they need learn how to keep quiet. Knoxfan, SD will be a force to be reckoned with IF they fix some problems on their Oline which I believe they will. We didn’t have about 5-6 normal starters in that scrimmage the other day either so that played a factor. 

The reason it's not being "kept quiet" is because they are getting kids that have gone elswhere in past years and others are pointing fingers.  Nobody said much when Powell sucked from 2013 to 2017.  The same things that are being said about Powell now have been said about Central, Fulton, West, South-Doyle among others.  When you go from being bad to being good quickly folks are going to point fingers.  Fingers have been pointed at all of those I mentioned and more in past years.  And I am not saying that any of them have or haven't done things the wrong way.  That's just what happens when a program turns around quickly.  Everybody plays the game in this day and time.  If they don't, they don't get much better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HTV said:

The reason it's not being "kept quiet" is because they are getting kids that have gone elswhere in past years and others are pointing fingers.  Nobody said much when Powell sucked from 2013 to 2017.  The same things that are being said about Powell now have been said about Central, Fulton, West, South-Doyle among others.  When you go from being bad to being good quickly folks are going to point fingers.  Fingers have been pointed at all of those I mentioned and more in past years.  And I am not saying that any of them have or haven't done things the wrong way.  That's just what happens when a program turns around quickly.  Everybody plays the game in this day and time.  If they don't, they don't get much better.  

So everyone in knox county is playing with players other than the players zoned for their school? If that is the truth, is that ok, or accepted in knox county? And you think you don't get much better if your not playing with other schools zoned players? If that is true, do you think that is fair, or is it if your not cheating, your not trying? Remember Powell got caught CHEATING last year. It cost that one RB a lot of game experience.                          When was the last Knox County team, besides Powell, to be put on probation and had to forfiet games? Anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

So everyone in knox county is playing with players other than the players zoned for their school? If that is the truth, is that ok, or accepted in knox county? And you think you don't get much better if your not playing with other schools zoned players? If that is true, do you think that is fair, or is it if your not cheating, your not trying? Remember Powell got caught CHEATING last year. It cost that one RB a lot of game experience.                          When was the last Knox County team, besides Powell, to be put on probation and had to forfiet games? Anyone know?

Geez Louise.  What are you, like 12?  

Yes.  It's certainly not out of the realm of possiblity that every Knox County public school has at least one out of zone transfer on the football teams.  Transfers are given in Knox County for a variety of reasons, and I have no problem with kids getting legit transfers out of zone.  And I will go one even further, I am all for parental choice in education and I lean towards supporting vouchers for all.  

Powell was using an ineligible player, kid who lived in the Karns zone and had gotten a Knox County transfer to West.  Powell dropped the ball on it and submitted him on the eligible list when in fact the only school other than West he could have been eligible at was Karns, in whose zone he lived.  Powell owned it and took the punishment.  There were about a half dozen programs state wide last year who had similar issues and had to forfiet games in football.  

Powell is far from the only school in Knox County that has had to forfeit games for using ineligible players over the years in all sports.  Pretty sure the last one was Catholic a few years back, or at least in football, anyway, and I include them because they were in D1 at the time.  

If you think it doesn't happen, then you really don't have a clue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HTV said:

Geez Louise.  What are you, like 12?  

Yes.  It's certainly not out of the realm of possiblity that every Knox County public school has at least one out of zone transfer on the football teams.  Transfers are given in Knox County for a variety of reasons, and I have no problem with kids getting legit transfers out of zone.  And I will go one even further, I am all for parental choice in education and I lean towards supporting vouchers for all.  

Powell was using an ineligible player, kid who lived in the Karns zone and had gotten a Knox County transfer to West.  Powell dropped the ball on it and submitted him on the eligible list when in fact the only school other than West he could have been eligible at was Karns, in whose zone he lived.  Powell owned it and took the punishment.  There were about a half dozen programs state wide last year who had similar issues and had to forfiet games in football.  

Powell is far from the only school in Knox County that has had to forfeit games for using ineligible players over the years in all sports.  Pretty sure the last one was Catholic a few years back, or at least in football, anyway, and I include them because they were in D1 at the time.  

If you think it doesn't happen, then you really don't have a clue.  

No not 12, just as old as you are if you look at experience with what is going on in high school football. Just wanted to see what your Powell Homer answer would be. Powell player in querston actually lived in West zone as a freshman, and he has a brother and sister at Karns now.Powell did not own it until someone turned them in. If no one turned them in, they would have no way owned it on their own.                       Also this player in question attends a class at Karns? Powell owns this? Their Coaching staff, AD, and administration is corrupt. Sure l know it goes on. But l would never assume that everyone is playing with out of zone players. I would never assume that if you're not playing with other schools players that you don't get much better.               What, did you get that assumption of getting better by playing with players out of your zone from you experience and affiliation with the Maryville football program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

No not 12, just as old as you are if you look at experience with what is going on in high school football. Just wanted to see what your Powell Homer answer would be. Powell player in querston actually lived in West zone as a freshman, and he has a brother and sister at Karns now.Powell did not own it until someone turned them in. If no one turned them in, they would have no way owned it on their own.                       Also this player in question attends a class at Karns? Powell owns this? Their Coaching staff, AD, and administration is corrupt. Sure l know it goes on. But l would never assume that everyone is playing with out of zone players. I would never assume that if you're not playing with other schools players that you don't get much better.               What, did you get that assumption of getting better by playing with players out of your zone from you experience and affiliation with the Maryville football program.

Sorry pal. Kids get transfers to other schools and play sports. That's just reality.   The TSSAA allows it and Knox County allows it. 

And I'm not a Powell homer. I didn't go to school there. I've seen 2 games there in the last 5 years. 

What' does Maryville have to do with this?  

You may not be 12, but you certainly are whining like you are. 

Edited by HTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigdog4030 said:

Well Powell at it again I guess they didn't learn anything from last year it goin to happen again

So, exactly what are they "at"?  

Specifics, please.  If you are going to point fingers come with specifics.  

I've heard of kids planning a transfer to quite a few different schools in Knox County.  School isn't out until Thursday.  Not much anybody can do about a transfer until after then.  Can't even do summer workouts with another school until one has physically moved in to that zone and enrolled at the new school and be eligible if they started at another high school.  

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bigdog4030 said:

Let me tell u this much if I could turn them in I would

You can if they did something wrong. Anybody can report violations. Unless there are no violations and your just full of bull. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigdog4030 said:

Let me tell u this much if I could turn them in I would

What is stopping you from "turning them in"?  The TSSAA has posted contact information.  

Plus go to whatever school you think is being wronged and notify the AD.  

Until then, fingers you point are pointless, pun intended.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...