Reggie Grimes to Ravenwood

25 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Had a kid in Gallatin rent for a month in Station Camp’s zone then move right back to the same neighborhood to get into Station Camp.  

Can't do that and be eligible.  Has to be a legit move and proof that the primary family residence has changed an it has to stay the same for the duration of eligiblity.  

Edited by HTV

25 minutes ago, HTV said:

Can't do that and be eligible.  Has to be a legit move and proof that the primary family residence has changed an it has to stay the same for the duration of eligiblity.  

Not the way it has happened up here in the past.  Unless something has changed in the past 4 or 5 years.   Situation I am referring to the family moved for a month maybe 2 at the beginning of the school year and then moved right back into the old neighborhood.  Kid was eligible entire time.  

Edited by GWAVE1

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

Not the way it has happened up here in the past.  Unless something has changed in the past 4 or 5 years.  

No, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.  Had a similar case in our area back around 2005 and the TSSAA denied eligiblity after the move back.  

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

No, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.  Had a similar case in our area back around 2005 and the TSSAA denied eligiblity after the move back.  

This happened same time as Hurd and Malone came through, what was that 2012 or 2013.  Family had legit moved for a month or so, kid became eligible, then moved back.  

Edited by GWAVE1

Just now, cbg said:

Both the academics and football would be much better at IMG

Being a 5 star with a former NFL player as a dad, I do not see the advantage.  Kid has offers from everywhere anyway and a pedigree.  Why go, your status does not improve and the cost rises?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Omaha said:

The only way you can go and not move into the zone you plan to attend, is if you do so before your clock has started, i.e. after middle school or before your freshman year. You can go anywhere in the state and not move if you want to then.

You cannot go anywhere in the state at that point. While most of the school systems in TN are open zone some are not. If you wished to go to a closed zone high school you must move into that zone. That ruling is set by the local school board not TSSAA. 

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You cannot go anywhere in the state at that point. While most of the school systems in TN are open zone some are not. If you wished to go to a closed zone high school you must move into that zone. That ruling is set by the local school board not TSSAA. 

You can go anywhere in the state that is open zoned, which the majority are. That’s what I meant. Thanks for clearing up the technicality.

Next thing you know having a football set of apartments will not work anymore........................even if your Dad lives IN the school a player is getting 'borrowed' from.  Take that Blackman!

Rankin will be crushed........................

Next you will try and have me believe that Privates cannot offer a full free ride and apartment in Nashville..........with a 'loaner' car from one of the alums new car dealership.

Now boys and girls we will discuss Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny........................

REALITY, WHAT A CONCEPT!