Rankin ?

4 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Rankin wasn't going to pull his Mr. Football winner out in the middle of his season. He sure let him go after the fact, made sure he wasn't going anywhere else though. 

Wonder why he let Tyke Ogle-Kellog (not sure I spelled that right) right before the season started?  Kinda contradicts your theory doesn’t it??

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Wonder why he let Tyke Ogle-Kellog (not sure I spelled that right) right before the season started?  Kinda contradicts your theory doesn’t it??

He let him go for something more serious than grades and I'm not getting into the specifics of that, doesn't contradict anything I just said.

27 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

He let him go for something more serious than grades and I'm not getting into the specifics of that, doesn't contradict anything I just said.

I know what happened and why he pulled him. But you made the assertion that rankin wouldn’t pull a kid because of his athletic ability and that situation shows otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know what happened and why he pulled him. But you made the assertion that rankin wouldn’t pull a kid because of his athletic ability and that situation shows otherwise. 

Wrong, my assertion was based on not pulling them for grades just as LOD pointed out before. If it came across any other way, that wasn't my intent.

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

Rankin wasn't going to pull his Mr. Football winner out in the middle of his season. He sure let him go after the fact, made sure he wasn't going anywhere else though. 

My friend, we were talking about a parent that you knew who was going to pull their child off the team because of grades, but didn't once the grades improved. Yet this same parent suspected the grades were not legit, but did nothing to address it. 

So the parent allowed this to happen and is now complaining about it after the fact, when it is the parents fault it wasn't addressed. Do you see how this discredits that parent?

11 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

My friend, we were talking about a parent that you knew who was going to pull their child off the team because of grades, but didn't once the grades improved. Yet this same parent suspected the grades were not legit, but did nothing to address it. 

So the parent allowed this to happen and is now complaining about it after the fact, when it is the parents fault it wasn't addressed. Do you see how this discredits that parent?

How do you know it wasn't addressed? You assume a lot of things.

1 minute ago, JSamson7 said:

How do you know it wasn't addressed? You assume a lot of things.

Grade fraud is very serious. If a parent says they truly believed a program was acting irresponsibly, unethically and was acting against the best interest of their child, and yet kept the kid in that program, then the parent has no credibility. 

Not assuming anything. Just stating an objective, logical observation

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Grade fraud is very serious. If a parent says they truly believed a program was acting irresponsibly, unethically and was acting against the best interest of their child, and yet kept the kid in that program, then the parent has no credibility. 

Not assuming anything. Just stating an objective, logical observation

I understand, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I honestly have no clue and thankfully things worked out for everyone in the end.

In the small rim of things folks property taxes in Alcoa just went up and when that happens everyone starts coming out of the hole's in the wall to voice their opinion and blame something or someone. Most of those don't care about Alcoa's football program but look at the crazy spent money on Jumbotrons & Jumbotron foundation mistake, give away school tuition cost in this day and time and much more and looking for something to blame for unnecessary spending. I predict the school board meetings will be hotter than a Hookers Door Knob on Nickel Night from this time forward.

dw58xk.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In the small rim of things folks property taxes in Alcoa just went up and when that happens everyone starts coming out of the hole's in the wall to voice their opinion and blame something or someone. Most of those don't care about Alcoa's football program but look at the crazy spent money on Jumbotrons & Jumbotron foundation mistake, give away school tuition cost in this day and time and much more and looking for something to blame for unnecessary spending. I predict the school board meetings will be hotter than a Hookers Door Knob on Nickel Night from this time forward.

dw58xk.jpg

Barn, I realize you're just having fun and trying to stir stuff up, but come on my dude. LOL. Why would someone complain about  other people giving the system money?  Is Alcoa the only school with a jumbotron? Does the jumbotron not also raise revenue for the system in the form of advertisements, etc? Most football programs n high school and college,  raise the majority of the revenue for the other sports programs. At one time the numbers were about 80% of all college sports revenue was generated by the schools football program.

On a side note, I'm thinking about running for the school board. haha