Fall scrimmages

GWAVE1

1 hour ago, ADS1 said:

How are my Eagles looking this year?  

Well we are already in the playoffs at least. I’m thinking 6-4 maybe 5-5 with the schedule we have. After the scrimmage tonight we got some work to do before the season gets underway.

At times the offense looked alright and others not to good. The defense had some opportunities to make some plays but missed. AC passing attack shredded the secondary. We played the run well for the most part but still gave up some big plays. We still got time to work on things it was just the first scrimmage. I’m hoping for some big improvements next Friday at Hendersonville. 

17 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Anyone know how the Rhea Co. AC s scrimmage went? 

I think the varsity was 4-1 AC. AC’s passing attack is going to be very tough to contain. With the graduation of Martin  they are still clicking on offense. AC defense looked pretty good too for a first scrimmage. 

18 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

Well we are already in the playoffs at least. I’m thinking 6-4 maybe 5-5 with the schedule we have. After the scrimmage tonight we got some work to do before the season gets underway.

At times the offense looked alright and others not to good. The defense had some opportunities to make some plays but missed. AC passing attack shredded the secondary. We played the run well for the most part but still gave up some big plays. We still got time to work on things it was just the first scrimmage. I’m hoping for some big improvements next Friday at Hendersonville. 

Sounds like maybe AC had a good scrimmage at least

Edited by Mavericksinflight

Just now, Rhea Co. said:

I think the varsity was 4-1 AC. AC’s passing attack is going to be very tough to contain. With the graduation of Martin  they are still clicking on offense. AC defense looked pretty good too for a first scrimmage. 

Thanks that sounds good against good team like Rhea Co.. But it just that.... A scrimmage and the first one. Good luck to Rhea Co. This year. 

21 hours ago, BlueRaider91 said:

Has anyone heard when or where Cleveland has a scrimmage at? One would think they would in the coming days. I’m not in the loop at Cleveland, just an alum.

From 5Starprep

<<Aug, 13  Alcoa vs Cleveland>> No mention of where and what time.

FYI in case you care, <<Aug. 8  Alcoa vs Bradley Central>>  Again no mention of where and what time.

Sorry I could not be more helpful

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

7 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Thanks, I have not been able to keep up with things like I used to.  Sounds like we have some work to do, but I believe that coach can do the job.   Hope that I can get to a few games this year.

Brentwood @ Beech

Brentwood dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball most of the night. They were simply bigger and more physical. Beech rotated a lot of kids at qb and there were a few bright spots there. A few too many drops, one cost them a td. Beech never got into much of a rhythm with their run game. Lots of work to do. 

Best on best: 2-0 Brentwood

JV: 1-0 Beech

Freshmen: 3-0 Beech.

Edited by tandem

7 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

From 5Starprep

<<Aug, 13  Alcoa vs Cleveland>> No mention of where and what time.

FYI in case you care, <<Aug. 8  Alcoa vs Bradley Central>>  Again no mention of where and what time.

Sorry I could not be more helpful

Thanks a lot Willie! I’ll find out the details eventually!

5 hours ago, tandem said:

Brentwood @ Beech

Brentwood dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball most of the night. They were simply bigger and more physical. Beech rotated a lot of kids at qb and there were a few bright spots there. A few too many drops, one cost them a td. Beech never got into much of a rhythm with their run game. Lots of work to do. 

Best on best: 2-0 Brentwood

JV: 1-0 Beech

Freshmen: 3-0 Beech.

Interesting seeing that Beech brought so many kids from last years successful team back.